PDA

View Full Version : Arena Deal Out of Budget

Goose85
07-01-2015, 02:04 PM
It looks like the new arena deal will have to stand alone for vote.

I think it will get done, it just makes too much sense not to get it done.
I've been calling my legislators.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2015/07/01/republican-leaders-set-milwaukee-arena-funding-as.html

Markedman
07-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Both parties are going to have to have some skin in the game.

If you are a Milwaukee area legislator no excuses......vote for it or be held accountable if it fails....Republican or Democrat...man or woman...old or young...black or white.......

Can't expect out state people to vote for it if locals won't step up.

bergamont
07-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Who's going to hold a Milwaukee Democrat responsible? The unions? The voters? My guess is no one.

Gato78
07-01-2015, 02:46 PM
I really think Milwaukee Democrats will fall in line because their constituents will demand it. How would a Milwaukee Democrat like to be referred to as the legislator who let the Bucks get away? I think that is a far greater risk.

MUfan12
07-01-2015, 03:03 PM
I really think Milwaukee Democrats will fall in line because their constituents will demand it. How would a Milwaukee Democrat like to be referred to as the legislator who let the Bucks get away? I think that is a far greater risk.

Taylor, Larson, and Harris-Dodd will vote for it. Carpenter will be a tougher sell, for no other reason than he likes being a pain in the ass.

Markedman
07-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Who's going to hold a Milwaukee Democrat responsible? The unions? The voters? My guess is no one.

They should get lots of heat from Barrett, Abele and the Bucks owners(who are big Dem donors) to support this.

bergamont
07-01-2015, 03:18 PM
Let me ask the reverse question----who would hold the democrats responsible if they vote for it and why? I hate politics.