PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Preview

Phantom Warrior
06-30-2015, 09:58 PM
From ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/107872/looking-ahead-xavier-musketeers

The Musketeers should fight it out with GTown and Butler for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in the conference. They have a shot at being a Top 25 team next year.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-01-2015, 05:01 AM
Xavier should be solid. Agree that fighting for the top 4 is realistic.

Nukem2
07-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Could be...though the loss of Stainbrook is huge.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-01-2015, 01:21 PM
He is, but if Reynolds can stay out of foul trouble, he's a better defender and they have numerous offensive options. Abell, Blueitt, and Davis should all be solid scorers. As long as one of their frontcourt guys can develop into enough of a low post threat to keep defenses from packing the perimeter, I think they'll be fine.

warriorfan4life
07-01-2015, 06:51 PM
He is, but if Reynolds can stay out of foul trouble, he's a better defender and they have numerous offensive options. Abell, Blueitt, and Davis should all be solid scorers. As long as one of their frontcourt guys can develop into enough of a low post threat to keep defenses from packing the perimeter, I think they'll be fine.

For me, Xavier's fortunes rely on how well Larry Austin, Edmond Sumner and/or Myles Davis run the point. They have plenty of talent at the 2-5 spots (also watch out for Sean O'Mara down low), and just need someone to protect the ball and get the ball to the talent. I like them in the 20-25 range nationally and 3rd in the Big East behind Nova and Georgetown.