PDA

View Full Version : Bucks trade for Greivis Vasquez

IWB
06-25-2015, 08:16 PM
Bucks trade this year's 2nd rd pick and next year's 1st rd pick for Toronto PG Greivis Vasquez

IWB
06-25-2015, 08:25 PM
Shocked that Dekker is still on board, as bad as Bucks need a center & SG, do they take him if he's there?

AlexJesswein
06-25-2015, 08:41 PM
This was a great trade...

...For Toronto. Don't see how he is an improvement on Bayless or Marshall. Cap hit is over 6 Mil a year and you give up a future 1st. I don't think this trade could have been any worse.

MU/Panther
06-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Shocked that Dekker is still on board, as bad as Bucks need a center & SG, do they take him if he's there?
It sounded like Dekker's dad and the Bucks didn't feel like Milwaukee would be a good fit for Sam.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-25-2015, 10:01 PM
Yuck, yuck, yuck... Vasquez is just another guy, no need to trade for him when you could easily get a guy like that with more potential with that same draft pick you traded.

AbovetheRim
06-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Yuck, yuck, yuck... Vasquez is just another guy, no need to trade for him when you could easily get a guy like that with more potential with that same draft pick you traded.

I take it you don't watch much NBA basketball. Getting arguably the best backup PG in the league and a guy that can fill in and give you starter quality numbers isn't something that is "easily" done in the back third of the first round in an NBA draft. My goodness.

CaribouJim
06-25-2015, 10:15 PM

I agree - seems like a lot to give up. Solid enough guy, but not a huge difference maker IMO.

CaribouJim
06-25-2015, 10:20 PM
I take it you don't watch much NBA basketball. Getting arguably the best backup PG in the league and a guy that can fill in and give you starter quality numbers isn't something that is "easily" done in the back third of the first round in an NBA draft. My goodness.

I watch a ton of NBA ball - more than college - just don't see him as a break through performer for what they gave up.

mufan2003
06-25-2015, 11:29 PM

You don't watch the NBA. Off the bench, a good trade.

Goose85
06-26-2015, 09:36 AM
Instead of just looking at this trade on the merits of is this guy worth a late first rounder next year or not, I am looking at this as the Bucks are really looking to make a move next year.

I think the Bucks are confident that they are going to add a FA piece to the puzzle (center), and if they can do so think they can really make a run in the NBA East.
They like how Parker is coming along, and just added a young guy that can shoot. They have starter positions set, and want to make sure they have depth at each spot (must have saw enough of Ennis to decided they needed a backup point for next year).

The Bucks core is really young, and I'm sure they looked at this and thought here is a point that fits our model (a 6'6" point) and is still young but has some experience, including playoff experience.

Now I think the Bucks must feel they do at every position for next season (if they can add a FA center).

mufansince72
06-26-2015, 11:02 AM
I actually like the trade. That Clippers pick isn't worth much as it will be a bottom five pick most likely. Vasquez is a significant upgrade for the bench and is a guy who has some range and I believe is about a 35% 3 point shooter.

CaribouJim
06-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Here is one of SI's b-ball writers opinion on the trade - not very favorable:

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/06/25/nba-draft-milwaukee-bucks-toronto-raptors-greivis-vasquez-trade

mufan2003
06-27-2015, 03:18 PM
I am ok with it because the Bucks did not trade their own 1st round pick, it was an additional 1st rounder. Clippers will likely continue to be a top team and that pick in 2017 will be in the mid to late 20's. Vasquez is in the final year of his deal, so Bucks are not stuck beyond this year. Bucks are getting to the point where they will have their starting lineup set, free agency may start to play a bigger role than the draft.....starting this year in targeting a C. Having good young talent and a likeable coach should allow them to be more of a player in free agency.