PDA

View Full Version : Anybody notice JJJ's new delivery

dw3dw3dw3
06-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Somebody's been working with him. Saw it on one of the other videos they put up too. Hopefully it will translate to more consistent shooting.

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/613717373665808384

Nukem2
06-24-2015, 10:00 AM
JJ started out with better form last year as well. Then his old delivery returned in games. We shall see.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-24-2015, 10:47 AM
really hoping for a break out year for him, he hasn't quite hit his potential yet, but he has stuck with MU as opposed to transfering like many others do.

DCwarrior
06-24-2015, 11:09 AM
I'm actually very surprised he didn't transfer. That should mean he's fully committed to the program and we should see a huge improvement from him. Hopefully he's been hitting the weights hard and improving his shot and ball-handling. Last year he was a TO waiting to happen whenever he was dribbling the ball.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
06-24-2015, 11:35 AM
I hadn't noticed it - hopefully he can continue to work on it. However defense, defense and defense are the keys to him getting on the floor.

IWB
06-24-2015, 04:45 PM
I'm actually very surprised he didn't transfer.

I was not surprised - in my mind a lot comes down to who you surround yourself with....

John Dawson & Deonte Burton - misery loves company, both were unhappy, both were roommates, both transferred.

Duane Wilson & Jujuan Johnson are roommates - while misery loves company, people also feed off of positive energy. Does anyone have more positive energy about the program than Duane Wilson? Jujuan feeds off of Duane.

Markedman
06-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Great point Jim.

Even with Duane's influence I still give JJ a lot of credit for not running away and making the commitment to stay and get better.

I too am really rooting for him.

Nukem2
06-24-2015, 07:08 PM
Great point Jim.

Even with Duane's influence I still give JJ a lot of credit for not running away and making the commitment to stay and get better.

I too am really rooting for him.
Yup. Think he could do some really good things for MU BB.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Talent definitely isn't the issue, I think it's more mentality. If he can retool his jumper and understand what the staff wants on defense without constantly gambling on steals, he could still be a player. I really hope this is the year he puts it all together.

mufan2003
06-25-2015, 01:36 PM
I was not surprised - in my mind a lot comes down to who you surround yourself with....

John Dawson & Deonte Burton - misery loves company, both were unhappy, both were roommates, both transferred.

Duane Wilson & Jujuan Johnson are roommates - while misery loves company, people also feed off of positive energy. Does anyone have more positive energy about the program than Duane Wilson? Jujuan feeds off of Duane.

Agreed, well said. I am rooting for JJJ.

TheSultan
06-26-2015, 03:11 PM
I think JJJ is going to be surprisingly good this year.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-26-2015, 06:52 PM
I think JJJ is going to be surprisingly good this year.

If that is true, I think MU will be surprisingly good...

mufan2003
06-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Somebody's been working with him. Saw it on one of the other videos they put up too. Hopefully it will translate to more consistent shooting.

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/613717373665808384

In this one clip, he is not turning his right hip and shoulder towards the rim like he always seemed to do the past 2 years. He appears to be staying more squared to the rim.