PDA

View Full Version : Looks like its Texas's turn

Markedman
06-10-2015, 11:41 AM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/10/report-texas-accused-of-potential-academic-impropriety-under-rick-barnes/

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Seriously? Does Tennessee ask guys if they're facing potential NCAA sanctions and only hire the ones that say yes? Pearl, Tyndall, now Barnes? I'm at a loss for words.

IWB
06-10-2015, 05:07 PM
I don't know, reading the article it doesn't seem that bad to me.

The kid was texting pictures of the exam to a friend asking for answers. How is that Barnes' fault? Did anyone here ever take a look at someone else' exam in college?

The teacher that caught him asked the kid's academic adviser how tough the penalty should be. While some teachers would give him an F immediately, I am sure many would take that same route.

The kid didn't write his own paper, he had someone help him, and that person gave him ideas and suggested some words to use. Really? Ever help your grade school kid with homework? Isn't that what you do? Reenie, what about if you added something about this? Do it with my daughter all the time, why would a tutor be different?

Unless there is a lot more to it, I don't see how Barnes is at fault here.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-10-2015, 06:04 PM
I get that, but it still feels comical. 2 of last 4 UT coaches had known problems that caught up with them while at Tennessee, and a guy generally thought to be clean now has something appear in his background? Just crazy, like the UT job is cursed.

IWB
06-10-2015, 06:22 PM
I agree, but in my opinion if you are going to write a story that appears you are accusing a major university's athletic program of an academic scandal, you better have more than, "a player cheated on a test" and "he was given ideas for his paper by a tutor".

MUBasketball
06-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Yeah, nothing to see here.

warriorfan4life
06-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Not exactly heartbroken if Shaka endures any trouble from this. Wouldn't think that much will come of it, but teams will negative recruit the hell out of Texas until there's an official announcement that clears them.