PDA

View Full Version : In an odd way, this says a lot about Marquette

IWB
06-05-2015, 10:16 AM
Bleacher Report is constantly putting out their stupid lists and today is no different. However, today's list is...

"Head Coaches Who Wish They Hadn't Left Their Previous Job".

BOTH Tom Crean and Buzz Williams make the list.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2484748-college-basketball-coaches-who-wish-they-hadnt-left-their-previous-job?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-basketball

79warrior
06-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Bleacher Report is constantly putting out their stupid lists and today is no different. However, today's list is...

"Head Coaches Who Wish They Hadn't Left Their Previous Job".

BOTH Tom Crean and Buzz Williams make the list.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2484748-college-basketball-coaches-who-wish-they-hadnt-left-their-previous-job?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-basketball

I can see Buzz Williams. He could have landed a better gig had he waited. Crean, not so sure. I think he felt going to IU was moving uptown and is happy with his decision.

Goose85
06-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Crean's team should be loaded next year. Had a brutal Big 10 slate this past year, but I think next year they will get a bit of a break in the Big 10 schedule. They could really do some damage. He could really like his choice next year, but overall that fan base is not realistic which can make it tough on the coach.

Gato78
06-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I think Crean and his family has been viciously attacked by disenchanted II, II fans--including chants at Riley's baseball games. I am sure TC is thinking he will not let that kind of behavior deter him from doing his job. But I also think he may wish he had never gone there. We gave him a raise and an extension after we lost to Western Michigan in the NIT. II, II fans are derisive if they don't contend for national titles.

russguss
06-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Indiana 2016 Big Ten-Eleven-Twelve- whatever Schedule:

Indiana
Home: Maryland, Northwestern, Ohio State, Purdue
Away: Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Rutgers
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin

pbiflyer
06-05-2015, 01:22 PM
I think Crean and his family has been viciously attacked by disenchanted II, II fans--including chants at Riley's baseball games. I am sure TC is thinking he will not let that kind of behavior deter him from doing his job. But I also think he may wish he had never gone there. We gave him a raise and an extension after we lost to Western Michigan in the NIT. II, II fans are derisive if they don't contend for national titles.

In fairness, a lot was expected from Riley after all those awards at the summer camp. :p

mufansince72
06-05-2015, 01:26 PM
I would have thought that KO would be on that list.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Hopefully someone shows Wojo this list... he may think twice about looking at another job in the future... there is definitely something to be said for staying at a mid level job or a low major job, its less stress, and you can withstand a bad year or two if you have had previous success. I mean look at Brad Stevens, he could have stayed at Butler forever, back to back national championship games buys you a lot of equity.

CaribouJim
06-05-2015, 02:10 PM
I think it is far, far too early to put Danny Manning on that list.

MarqCreighVandy
06-05-2015, 02:13 PM
I think it is far, far too early to put Danny Manning on that list.

Wait, are you taking issue with a bleacher report article? :D

CaribouJim
06-05-2015, 02:18 PM

Admittedly they used to be beyond dreadful, but they've poached and developed some pretty decent talent and IMO their street cred is pretty decent these days.

MayorBeluga
06-05-2015, 02:36 PM

Up next: Top 17 reasons Bleacher Report articles are Lists.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Up next: Top 17 reasons Bleacher Report articles are Lists.

1. Page views
2. Page views
3. Page views
4. Page views
5. Page views
6. Page views
7. Page views
8. Page views
9. Page views
10. Page views
11. Page views
12. Page views
13. Page views
14. Page views
15. Page views
16. Page views
17. Page views

Goose85
06-05-2015, 04:02 PM
1. Page views
2. Page views
3. Page views
4. Page views
5. Page views
6. Page views
7. Page views
8. Page views
9. Page views
10. Page views
11. Page views
12. Page views
13. Page views
14. Page views
15. Page views
16. Page views
17. Page views

Exactly why I generally don't look at bleacher report. Everything is a different page.

Litehouse
06-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Hopefully someone shows Wojo this list... he may think twice about looking at another job in the future... there is definitely something to be said for staying at a mid level job or a low major job, its less stress, and you can withstand a bad year or two if you have had previous success. I mean look at Brad Stevens, he could have stayed at Butler forever, back to back national championship games buys you a lot of equity.

$22 Million for 6 years with the Celtics can buy you even more equity.

MUBasketball
06-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Why would Stevens be unhappy? Took the Celtics to the playoffs this year, and everyone marvels at how great a job he's done. Plus, doesn't have to kiss teenager's asses all year long. I'd say he's quite happy.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Why would Stevens be unhappy? Took the Celtics to the playoffs this year, and everyone marvels at how great a job he's done. Plus, doesn't have to kiss teenager's asses all year long. I'd say he's quite happy.

Bad example, should have used Mark Few... More so meant that he stayed at Butler even though other high majors called him. He had ample opportunity to leave earlier if he wanted.