PDA

View Full Version : Numbers

Phantom Warrior
06-02-2015, 11:24 PM
So, Sacar will be #2. The only two MU players I can think of over the years that wore #2 were Acker and Vander (at the start of his MU career). No other prominent player that I can think of - going all the way back to Al's teams - wore #2.

Matt H. will reportedly be #12. Some MU players who wore #12 were Allie, Pop Sims, Logterman, Hutch, and Dwight Burke.

As for Henry picking #13, the only ones I can think of were Downing, Eford, and then Vander after he switched from #2.

Traci will apparently be #21. Al's first recruit - Blanton Simmons, from North Division - wore #21. So did Ulice Payne, Artie Green, Terry Reason, and Mike Bargen.

As far as Haanif's much-publicized #25, the list includes Tom Flynn (was already on the team when Al was hired but played for Al), Anglavar, Boone, Maymon, and most recently, Taylor.

I'm probably missing a few, but for the most part my guess is that most of the ones I've missed did not get a whole lot of playing time. Most of the players above were starters for at least one year except for Artie, Maymon (who would certainly have started at some point had he not transferred), and Taylor.

Here's hoping all five of the incoming frosh end up having memorable careers at MU. May they all have terrific work ethics, possess mental and physical toughness, prove to be "WE" players rather than "I" players, win 100+ games over the next four years, and earn their MU degrees.

TheSultan
06-03-2015, 08:09 AM
#2 was most recently worn by John Dawson.

#12 was most recently worn by Derrick Wilson. Rob Logterman wore it as well.

#21 was most recently worn by Joe Fluce.

Oh and I cheated! :D

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/jersey_numbers

Phantom Warrior
06-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Thanks. (I did mention Logterman.)

I feel kind of bad about forgetting about Derrick and Joe, too, to some extent.

IWB
06-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Was Trend Blackledge also a #21?

MUFAN2010
06-03-2015, 09:46 AM
This really should be on the premium board. :rolleyes: