PDA

View Full Version : Hubert Davis Departure from ESPN

CaribouJim
05-08-2012, 09:01 AM
I was bummed when I heard he was going to UNC to coach. I really liked his analysis, always came prepared, didn't have any contrived shtick, far from having a huge ego and didn't take himself too seriously - had a great sense of humor. I saw in a paper yesterday that Seth Greenberg might be in the mix as a replacement - ughh. If that ends up being the case, I would assume that Seth would be withheld from any NCAA analysis, but just barely as was the case in his coaching career.

I imagine Hubert will be taking a big pay cut right, but then again if he was smart about his money from the NBA in addition the ESPN gig he is just playing with house money. I wonder how long it will be before he is a Head Coach.

http://www.tarheelblue.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/050712aab.html

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
05-08-2012, 09:08 AM
How much do you think those guys get paid at ESPN? I know an assistant at UNC probably gets compensated pretty well, on top of getting to go home.

Hamostradamus
05-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Czaban on Lazer always said the top talent at ESPN get paid well, but everyone else gets worked to death, paid very little and their office is a warehouse with tiny cubicles in the middle of Bristol, Connecticut.

CaribouJim
05-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Czaban on Lazer always said the top talent at ESPN get paid well, but everyone else gets worked to death, paid very little and their office is a warehouse with tiny cubicles in the middle of Bristol, Connecticut.

I would assume he was around a million $ wouldn't you think? Not bad for a 5-6 month job.