PDA

View Full Version : A "Wow" Moment

Phantom Warrior
06-01-2015, 06:25 PM
As in, "Wow! Seriously?"

A few minutes ago I realized that MU has not had a blue-shirt (as opposed to red-shirt) freshman who was a regular starter since the Amigos. We have had quite a few Top 100 recruits during that nine-year span, but not one was a regular starter his first year on campus. (Mbvakwe, Junior, and Duane were all injured, though only Duane red-shirted.)

No one else - not Lazar, not Jeronne, not Erik, not Vander, not Jamail,, not Juan, not Steven, not Sandy were regular starters, though a couple of them did start a few games their frosh y7ear.

That streak could well be broken this year, but that's besides the point. Nearly a decade without a freshman who was normally in the starting line up is pretty amazing to me, and more than a little surprising.

In fact, and I may be wrong, but I think the first-year freshman who got the most mpg as a frosh was Mayo.

IrwinFletcher
06-01-2015, 08:05 PM
I don't think that is all that surprising. On one hand, the talent level of the freshman wasn't all that high and we had a coach who wasn't a fan of playing freshman all that much.

The Amigos started out of need. Henry will start because he is a stud.

Markedman
06-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Henry will start because he is a stud and there is nobody else who plays his position.......=)

Yes it will get broken this year......the question really is will we have 2 freshmen starters or only 1?