PDA

View Full Version : OT: Travel Wisconsin

IrwinFletcher
05-22-2015, 11:18 PM
Has anyone seen the promotional commercials for vacationing in WI? Maybe it is only running in Illinois. But the commercials, with the premise of going to WI to vacation, to camp, to relax, to enjoy the outdoors features none other than.....

Bo Ryan.

It begins with Bo losing his mind on the sidelines and pullining out his hair. Literally. Then a Caped Man, with a big W on his chest, whisks him away to the wood of northern WI where his fishes, zip lines and sings around the camp fire.

Do the local bozos in WI that if they feature Bo in a commercial that us FIBS will spend their time and money in WI this summer. They would have been better off talking about the tours of Jeffrey Dahmer's home than this ad.

I for one am choosing to go to the state where Tom Izzo coaches.

TheSultan
05-23-2015, 10:06 AM
I think entire the Travel Wisconsin series that the Zucker brothers have done are lame.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
05-23-2015, 12:12 PM
I've seen that awful commercial air in state as well.

MayorBeluga
05-23-2015, 03:56 PM
Mrs. Mayor and Hizzoner regularly point out how incredibly lame the Wisconsin commercials are, especially when compared to any other state. Pity.

warriorfan4life
05-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Has anyone seen the promotional commercials for vacationing in WI? Maybe it is only running in Illinois. But the commercials, with the premise of going to WI to vacation, to camp, to relax, to enjoy the outdoors features none other than.....

Bo Ryan.

It begins with Bo losing his mind on the sidelines and pullining out his hair. Literally. Then a Caped Man, with a big W on his chest, whisks him away to the wood of northern WI where his fishes, zip lines and sings around the camp fire.

Do the local bozos in WI that if they feature Bo in a commercial that us FIBS will spend their time and money in WI this summer. They would have been better off talking about the tours of Jeffrey Dahmer's home than this ad.

I for one am choosing to go to the state where Tom Izzo coaches.

I thought the goal of those ads was trying to get people to visit Wisconsin, not encourage them to dabble in the dark arts and learn the methods of a vampire.

mutpm
05-24-2015, 12:02 PM
It's a pretty stupid campaign. If the goal is to get people from neighboring states to visit Wisconsin, why would you use a guy that most of the big 10 hates? Bo is popular in state, but certainly not out of state. Michigan is running commercials begging people to visit their state using Tom Izzo. Aaron Rodgers is very popular, but you wouldn't use him in Chicago to entice people to visit. Travel Wisconsin has to understand their audience.

Nukem2
05-24-2015, 12:06 PM
It's a pretty stupid campaign. If the goal is to get people from neighboring states to visit Wisconsin, why would you use a guy that most of the big 10 hates? Bo is popular in state, but certainly not out of state. Michigan is running commercials begging people to visit their state using Tom Izzo. Aaron Rodgers is very popular, but you wouldn't use him in Chicago to entice people to visit. Travel Wisconsin has to understand their audience.I don't think Tom Izzo is going to draw many folks to Michigan either.....:p

2012Warrior
05-24-2015, 08:50 PM
I go to Michigan because of Tim Allen.

BLT
05-25-2015, 08:30 AM
http://youtu.be/oTCjDnqVqc0

Pretty lame.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
05-25-2015, 08:40 AM
Watch Wisconsin tourism numbers drop now...

dw3dw3dw3
05-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Just horrible. That is all.

Phantom Warrior
05-25-2015, 12:24 PM
That is by far the dumbest tourism ad I've ever seen. Every single scene/idea is just plain stupid. Whatever imbeciles put that ad together should have to spend all of next winter in International Falls, Minnesota just for the sake of penance.

TheSultan
05-25-2015, 12:28 PM
These are ads that are meant to win awards and get people excited about who produced them. I can't imagine them being very effective.

The Reptile
05-26-2015, 12:19 PM
The more bo is doing stuff to support ads the less he is recruiting. I'd say, it's money well spent.