PDA

View Full Version : UWM - 2012-13 schedule

BrewCityItalian
05-07-2012, 10:35 PM
besides conference games

who do we got so far on the schedule ?

Jimmy Lemke
05-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Let's see...Wisconsin, Northern Iowa, Marquette, Northern Illinois, Buffalo, and possibly Fairfield. The Fairfield game hinges on whether or not we can get another game out east in the NYC area to pair up with Fairfield and reduce travel costs.

Other than that, we've got nothing. At this point in time there are so many variables, so many possibilities that it's not worth talking too much right now.

Jimmy Lemke
05-25-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?352-Milwaukee-still-looking-for-dates

Update!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
05-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Jimmy, do you know the terms of the Milwaukee/Marquette game? I have to assume it'll be at the BC this year, but is it a buy game, or is it a series?

Jimmy Lemke
05-25-2012, 06:52 PM
The contract isn't signed yet, but it looks to be a rollover 2-for-1 that will be at the BC this season. Steve Cottingham had told me directly that they were negotiating and had agreed as far as a 2-for-1, but obviously he's no longer at MU. Our coaches like Buzz and that feeling is mutual, so we can definitely assume that the negotiations are much more amicable than last time.

I would expect that if Larry Williams wants to increase it to a 3-for-1 or 4-for-1, that would throw a wrench in things. Our program is not going to accept less than what Green Bay got, especially when the schools save on travel costs by playing road games that are technically closer to their campuses.

I'll try and get an update.

Jimmy Lemke
06-26-2012, 12:50 PM
As I broke on Twitter earlier in the month, Marquette's addition of the game on the aircraft carrier was the day that MU and Milwaukee were to play at the Bradley Center. The Panthers and Golden Eagles agreed that this opportunity for Marquette is too good to pass up, so they decided to put off the final game of the 4-for-1 contract until next season.

The Panthers are in discussions with Butler to begin a 4 or 6 year home-and-home beginning next season at Butler. It could be put off if the dates don't quite match.

I'm told by Butler coach Matt Graves (who didn't comment specifically on Milwaukee) that the Bulldogs would love to fill out the remainder of their schedule with former Horizon League rivals if they can get dates to match up.

That is the main issue. Schools are now scrambling. If Butler's move came immediately after the season, there would be less need. But most schools have their schedules figured out now, and the ones that don't may not have matching dates.

We'll see how this goes moving forward.

Jimmy Lemke
09-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Schedule is finished. Davidson will be the last team, a home-and-home beginning at the Klotsche. No word on a date, the contract isn't back from North Carolina yet, but it looks like all systems go, we should see the schedule released shortly.