View Full Version : Brian Hardin Named Deputy Athletic Director At Marquette

IWB
05-18-2015, 11:40 AM
For Immediate Release
Scott Kuykendall
Associate Athletic Director, Communications

Brian Hardin Named Deputy Athletic Director At Marquette

2002 Marquette Graduate Returns To Alma Mater

Milwaukee – Marquette University Vice President and Director of Athletics Bill Scholl has announced the addition of Brian Hardin, a 2002 MU graduate, as Deputy Athletic Director.

Hardin arrives in Milwaukee after spending two years at Ball State University as the department’s Deputy Athletics Director for External Affairs, where he had joined Scholl’s staff from the University of Notre Dame in February of 2013.

“I have obviously had the opportunity to get to know Brian both personally and professionally and believe he will be a great addition to our staff and am extremely happy to be able to offer the opportunity at his alma mater,” Scholl said. I was fortunate to inherit a tremendous executive staff when I arrived on campus and am excited to add Brian to the talented group that makes Marquette a special place.”

Hardin will be a member of the executive staff at Marquette and will oversee the department’s marketing and ticketing units and serve as the primary contact with the M Club, which is comprised of the University’s former student-athletes. Hardin will also serve as the liaison for the department to Marquette Sports Properties. He is expected to join the University this June.

"It is a tremendous honor to join such a great team at Marquette," Hardin said. "Starting at the top with President Lovell and Bill Scholl and filtering its way through the rest of campus, it is clear something special is brewing at Marquette and I am thrilled to be part of it. The future of the University and athletics department is bright and I look forward to contributing to our forthcoming successes.

“On a personal level, the memories and friendships created in my four years as an undergraduate at Marquette are some of the best in my life,” Hardin added. “I would not be where I am today, both professionally and personally, if not for my time at Marquette. I understand and embrace the truly unique opportunity presented to me to give back to a place that has given me so much. I look forward to rejoining the Milwaukee community and introducing my wife and sons to our incredible Marquette family."

At Ball State, Hardin had oversight of the media relations, marketing, corporate relationships and ticketing departments and was the primary sport administrator for the women’s cross country/track and field and men’s and women’s swimming and diving programs. He also assisted with the supervision of the football and baseball teams for the first 20 months of his tenure before assuming primary administrator duties for the last seven months. Under his guidance, BSU enjoyed significant increases in overall attendance and ticket revenue in numerous sports. Highlights of the growth included dramatic progress in student support, thanks in large part to the development of a successful rewards program.

Hardin served as the Interim Director of Athletics for five months after the departure of Scholl and helped conclude a $20 million fundraising campaign, the first comprehensive campaign specifically for athletics in school history.

Previous to BSU, Hardin served as the primary media relations contact for the Notre Dame football team to local, regional and national media outlets since 2006. He served as the primary spokesperson for the Notre Dame football program and worked with the university to coordinate the school's communication strategies.

In addition to his media relations duties at Notre Dame, Hardin served as the sport administrator for men's tennis. He was responsible for budget oversight, performance reviews and interaction with student-athletes and parents from an administrative perspective.

Prior to his work at Notre Dame, Hardin spent two years as a media relations assistant for the Chicago Bears. He began his professional career as a sports information intern at Loyola-Chicago in 2002-03 and as a media relations intern for the Bears in 2003-04.

A 2002 graduate of Marquette with a bachelor's degree in journalism, Hardin was a sprinter on the track team for the Golden Eagles all four years and served as a team captain in his senior season. He worked as a student worker in Marquette's sports marketing department as a junior and sports information department as a senior. Hardin graduated from the Sports Management Institute Executive Program in 2011.

Hardin and his wife, Cara, have three sons – Noah, and twins Elliot and Bennett.

Nukem2
05-18-2015, 01:14 PM
Is he replacing someone?

IWB
05-18-2015, 02:34 PM
No, just added to the staff.