PDA

View Full Version : Ripple Effect

MU/Panther
05-15-2015, 07:55 AM
http://www.nba.com/bucks/release/arena

Footage on the Bucks site in what the inside of the arena might/will look like.

Goose85
05-15-2015, 08:16 AM
I notice there was a picture of ice skating. Not sure if that means anything for the Admirals or not.

Seems to have been very quiet on the new arena front in the last week. Can't wait until shovels are in the ground.

MU/Panther
05-20-2015, 08:55 AM
I notice there was a picture of ice skating. Not sure if that means anything for the Admirals or not.

I posted the Admirals part on the PantherU part of the message board. It was a couple weeks ago Admirals owner Harris Turer was on the Mark Belling Show and it very much sounded like that ice will not be in the new arena.

Goose85
05-20-2015, 10:17 AM
I posted the Admirals part on the PantherU part of the message board. It was a couple weeks ago Admirals owner Harris Turer was on the Mark Belling Show and it very much sounded like that ice will not be in the new arena.

I wonder if they are just flat out screwed. I think the ice was removed from the arena, and not sure of the cost to put it back in.

MUfan12
05-20-2015, 02:21 PM
I wonder if they are just flat out screwed. I think the ice was removed from the arena, and not sure of the cost to put it back in.

I don't think the cost would be prohibitive for them. Guessing the WCD would help out, since they would be able to fill an additional 38 dates at the arena.

IWB
05-20-2015, 02:54 PM
If they are not part of the new facility they will go back to the arena. I feel sorry for them as they have been a great partner for the city of Milwaukee (they are seen at every charity event there is).

MU/Panther
05-20-2015, 07:37 PM
It sounded like Turer sounded pretty good about playing in UWM Panther Arena, when he was on Mark Belling.The rent would be more than fair and the dates could be way better. The future is still bright for the Admirals!

http://admiralsroundtable.com/2015/05/06/will-the-new-bucks-arena-include-hockey/

MU/Panther
05-20-2015, 08:09 PM

Sources tell OnMilwaukee.com that the UWM Panther Arena, which once housed the Admirals and is the current home to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's basketball programs, the Milwaukee Wave, the Brew City Bruisers roller derby league and special events like the circus and Disney on Ice, could be a viable "new" home for the hockey team.

OnMilwaukee.com learned that $300,000 to $400,000 in upgrades would be needed, as well additional costs, such as glass for the boards and other hockey-specific materials, but the facility can produce ice and keep it ready for play.

"It's doable," a source said. "Absolutely doable."