PDA

View Full Version : OT: Big 10 - ACC Challenge

Goose85
05-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Some good games, but with this many of teams there are plenty of dogs too.

Maryland gets the toughest road of the 'challenges' first getting Georgetown in the Gavitt Tipoff Games and then getting UNC in the Big 10 ACC challenge.

MU's opponent in the Gavitt Tipoff Games, Iowa, will face NC State.

Wisconsin travels to Syracuse. That will be interesting.

----- Nov. 30 -----

Clemson at Minnesota
Wake Forest at Rutgers
----- Dec. 1 -----

Maryland at North Carolina
Virginia at Ohio State
Michigan at North Carolina State
Purdue at Pittsburgh
Northwestern at Virginia Tech
Miami at Nebraska
----- Dec. 2 -----

Indiana at Duke
Louisville at Michigan State
Wisconsin at Syracuse
Notre Dame at Illinois
Florida State at Iowa
Penn State at Boston College

TheSultan
05-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Louisville at MSU in an Elite 8 rematch!

Goose85
05-14-2015, 02:35 PM
The Big 10 is in two 'challenge' type arrangements. I'd guess TV money and improved conference RPI could be a motivating factor.

I'd like to see the Big East and the Big 12 join for a challenge. That would be two 'challenge arrangements' for both conferences as well.
Seems natural, as both have 10 teams so all would be involved every year.

Speaking of Challenges, here are the matchups for the SEC / Big 12 challenge per Zagsblog. Kentucky @ Kansas and Oklahoma LSU could be of interest.

Texas Tech at Arkansas
Oklahoma State at Auburn
West Virginia at Florida
Georgia at Baylor
Kentucky at Kansas
Oklahoma at LSU
Ole Miss at Kansas State
Tennessee at TCU
Iowa State at Texas A&M
Vanderbilt at Texas

DCwarrior
05-14-2015, 02:38 PM
I count 6 really good games, 3 so-so games (Fl. St vs Iowa; Purdue vs. Pitt; Mich vs. NC St.), and 5 dogs.

They did a much better job of matching up the good teams than they did with the BIG / Big East matchups.

MU/Panther
05-14-2015, 07:32 PM
10/14 games in the Big 10/ACC are very good games. Do some of you not like college basketball with labeling so many dogs!? Then again I watch 700+ regular season games per year.

Every B1G team that got a home game in the B1G/ACC is on the road for the Big East/B1G. Every team that got a home game in the Big East/B1G is on the road for the B1G/ACC.

Nukem2
05-14-2015, 08:32 PM
10/14 games in the Big 10/ACC are very good games. Do some of you not like college basketball with labeling so many dogs!? Then again I watch 700+ regular season games per year.

Every B1G team that got a home game in the B1G/ACC is on the road for the Big East/B1G. Every team that got a home game in the Big East/B1G is on the road for the B1G/ACC.
We re the Big East. All else is secondary...!

MU/Panther
05-15-2015, 08:14 AM
We re the Big East. All else is secondary...!That's right! "The Soul of College Hoops"

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
05-15-2015, 08:15 AM
I was really hoping for Maryland/Duke. Both teams still get a great game, but I really wanted that Sulaimon back at Cameron matchup.

Goose85
05-15-2015, 08:29 AM
After day one there seems to be some pretty good games. Thought they spread this out over more than just 3 days.

MU/Panther
05-15-2015, 11:41 AM
I was really hoping for Maryland/Duke. Both teams still get a great game, but I really wanted that Sulaimon back at Cameron matchup.
That never was going to happen just like Indiana at Marquette.