PDA

View Full Version : OT: Marquette names one of its own Opus Dean of Engineering

pbiflyer
05-13-2015, 08:57 PM
Kris Ropella, '85 grad has the interim term taken off her title.
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2015/05/12/ropella-named-marquette-university-opus-dean-of.html

Kristina Ropella, a Marquette University alumnus and honored teacher, has been named the Opus Dean of the Opus College of Engineering.

“Dr. Ropella is a renowned scholar, researcher and administrator who will bring to her new role a fine understanding of our business community,” said Marquette president Michael Lovell, who announced the appointment Tuesday.

CaribouJim
05-13-2015, 10:24 PM
Sits a few rows behind and one section over from our seats in 218 - she is seems to be at most games.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
05-14-2015, 11:37 AM
I totally misread that and thought they hired an 85-year-old...made me instantly question whether this was a move that was motivated for the future...glad I re-read it ;)

pbiflyer
05-14-2015, 12:06 PM
I totally misread that and thought they hired an 85-year-old...made me instantly question whether this was a move that was motivated for the future...glad I re-read it ;)

Changed it to the correct nomenclature.

MinnesotaJeb
05-14-2015, 04:35 PM
The best choice for a dean's position at Marquette in years. A fine scholar and teacher and an even better human being.