PDA

View Full Version : Brian Snow likes Cheatham

Markedman
05-05-2015, 12:58 PM
He seems to be guessing that Duane will start at the point with JJ at the 2....not sure that will be correct but either way nice article....

http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1544075-five-outside-top-50-who-could-have-big-impact?s=75&utm_content=buffer602b7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Markedman
05-05-2015, 01:07 PM
FWIW Scout also has their final top 100 for 2015

Henry 7
Matt 71(Amazing how much more they like him then the other services)
HC 92
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1544112-scout-s-final-2015-top-100?s=75&utm_content=buffer25915&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Markedman
05-05-2015, 03:36 PM
@JacobPadilla_: Holy cow. @OPS_VikingHoops' @JustinPatton17 is No. 24 and a 5-star in Scout's final 2015 rankings. #Creighton http://t.co/KPLxLxV7IK

WindyCityGoldenEagle
05-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Glynn Watson - the one that got away - I really liked his game and wish Marq would have gone after him. I think he is going to be a real solid college pg.

As for Cheatham, Snow mentions that he is solid on both ends of the floor. I think that who ever (jj, cheatham, anim) can grasp the defensive concepts the best will ultimately earn the most playing time on the wing.

Markedman
05-05-2015, 05:24 PM
I just like that we will have at least a few more options this year. Even if many of them are young or inexperienced(Wally).

Competition is good......

Mark Miller
05-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Glynn Watson - the one that got away - I really liked his game and wish Marq would have gone after him. I think he is going to be a real solid college pg.

As for Cheatham, Snow mentions that he is solid on both ends of the floor. I think that who ever (jj, cheatham, anim) can grasp the defensive concepts the best will ultimately earn the most playing time on the wing.

Tiny. Too small, IMO.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
05-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Tiny. Too small, IMO.

To each their own, but I think the kid can play - obviously only time will tell. People thought Boatwright and Ulis were too small as well - I think size for a pg is overrated.

TheSultan
05-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Tyler Ulis might still prove to be too small.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
05-06-2015, 02:43 PM
It really depends on the player and how they play, in the college game I think you can get around being smaller, but Ullis will never be an NBA type player because of his size. I mean look at Maurice Acker's senior year, he was always tiny, but he played really well and was effective in one of the best conferences in the country.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
05-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Tyler Ulis might still prove to be too small.

True, but I'd say he's off to a solid start. Full disclosure I have a man crush on him and just love his game as a collegiate pg.

Goose85
05-06-2015, 04:46 PM
True, but I'd say he's off to a solid start. Full disclosure I have a man crush on him and just love his game as a collegiate pg.

I have had this conversation with others, and for me it is very hard to tell as Ulis was surrounded by NBA lottery picks in his first year. He will be more of a focal point this year, so he will have his chance to shine.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
05-06-2015, 05:43 PM
The few times I saw him play in high school he could obviously score at a high rate and hit a lot of big shots but what I was most impressed with was his ability to be an absolute floor general. He was the ideal pg from a leadership standpoint along with his ability to set others up - the game just seemed like it was in slow motion for him.

But to your point Goose, I don't think he will be able to be a primary scoring option at the college level but I do think he could average 12 pts and 8-10 assts a game by the time he is a senior and help out in so many intangible ways as well.

WarriorNich
05-07-2015, 11:55 AM
The few times I saw him play in high school he could obviously score at a high rate and hit a lot of big shots but what I was most impressed with was his ability to be an absolute floor general. He was the ideal pg from a leadership standpoint along with his ability to set others up - the game just seemed like it was in slow motion for him.

But to your point Goose, I don't think he will be able to be a primary scoring option at the college level but I do think he could average 12 pts and 8-10 assts a game by the time he is a senior and help out in so many intangible ways as well.

For the record a total of only 10 college players have averaged 8 or more assists per game for a season in the last ten years. Only 3 players broke 9 per game. 2014 Jason Brickman at 10.0, 2012 Scott Machado 9.9, and 2012 Kendall Marshall 9.7. 8-10 assists per game is a hell of a feat.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
05-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Good stat - had no idea how incredible of a feat that is. Then put me down as changing my prediction :) I'll go with 7 assists a game (again this is assuming he is given the keys as the primary pg, which is a big if).