PDA

View Full Version : OT: Bucks - Bulls Game 6

Goose85
04-29-2015, 08:30 AM
Coming back for game 6 is great for the Bucks team, but it also helps to create positive buzz and excitement for the future of the team among fans, which is needed for the next couple of crucial weeks in the new stadium financing. I think it is important to see there may be a really good future with the core of this team, coach and owners.

I know there are a lot of Chicago MU fans that are Bulls fans. Confidence is high for game 6 in Milwaukee, and its almost like the team is playing with house money.
Does it seem like the Bulls / fans expect to finish the series on Thursday? Seems the pressure is all on the Bulls. What is the sentiment in Chicago?

I really hope it is a great atmosphere on Thursday night and the excitement for the Bucks keeps building.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-29-2015, 11:29 AM
There is no doubt more pressure on the Bulls, the Bucks have momentum and were not expected to be any good this year anyhow, especially if I had told you that Parker would be out for the season. I don't think there is much of a chance that the Bucks can rattle off two more wins in a row, but they certainly have found a way to make the series more exciting. A first round exit would make things REAL interesting for the Bulls as I imagine it would mean the end of Thibs in Chicago, and could ultimately mean Hoiberg to the NBA... lots of reasons to pull for the Bucks here.

mufan2003
04-29-2015, 02:25 PM
I am a Bucks fan. History certainly is not on the Bucks side, seeing no team has ever come back to win down 3-0. Even more difficult when game 7 would be on the road. That being said, if the Bucks win Game 6, each team will only have 1 day of rest.....advantage Bucks. Pau Gasol, Derrick Rose and Mirotic with his knee could use as much rest as possible. Good to see the Bucks get 3 home games in this series, the max they could have had. Also glad to see tickets only sold to Wisconsin zip codes through noon today. No doubt in my mind the place will be rocking with Bucks fans on Thursday.

MUMac
04-29-2015, 03:44 PM
The bigger question is can the Bucks win more Playoff Games this year than the Brewers win in the season?

MayorBeluga
04-29-2015, 04:56 PM
The bigger question is can the Bucks win more Playoff Games this year than the Brewers win in the season?

George Webb predicts the Brewers will win 12 games this season.

Markedman
04-30-2015, 06:46 PM
I think Bulls fans are pretty confident now........

DCwarrior
04-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Hopefully all the WI state legislators were watching the NFL draft tonight

MUAlphaBangura
04-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Bulls were obviously the better team in this series. Game 5 must have been the wake up call. Disturbing to me was the transformation of Jimmy Butler into a trash talking dick. I hope somebody gets in his ear and lets him know that isn't a good look for him. Oh, and Mike Dunleavy Jr. is a little bitch. That said, I will be rooting for the Bulls to beat the Cavs.

MUfan12
04-30-2015, 10:11 PM
Bulls were obviously the better team in this series. Game 5 must have been the wake up call. Disturbing to me was the transformation of Jimmy Butler into a trash talking dick. I hope somebody gets in his ear and lets him know that isn't a good look for him. Oh, and Mike Dunleavy Jr. is a little bitch. That said, I will be rooting for the Bulls to beat the Cavs.

I was with you until the last part. I want to watch Kyrie Irving as much as I can this postseason.

And Dunleavy can go get f*cked.

kneelb4zerg
04-30-2015, 10:25 PM

Nothing wrong with Jimmy's trash talking. Part of his game. As long as he can back it up he is entitled. And he is.

MUfan12
04-30-2015, 10:35 PM
Nothing wrong with Jimmy's trash talking. Part of his game. As long as he can back it up he is entitled. And he is.

It's never really been part of his game, and that's what I loved about him. He stayed above it and just played.

But seriously, Dunleavy is a little bitch.

kneelb4zerg
04-30-2015, 10:49 PM
It's never really been part of his game, and that's what I loved about him. He stayed above it and just played.

But seriously, Dunleavy is a little bitch.

But I think his edge and attitude now is part of what is driving him to greatness.

mufan2003
04-30-2015, 11:47 PM
Count me in on not caring about Jimmy talking trash. A lot of NBA players do, notice how OJ Mayo keeps targeting Jimmy? I don't blame Jimmy for not backing down. This series should not have gone 6 games. Credit to the Bucks that it did. Bucks have a tremendous coaching staff.....more than just Kidd. With Parker back, #17 pick and possibly Free Agency.....this team just may take another big step next year. Gasol is old and Noah is limited, they better win it this year. The Deer are Rising! :cool:

MUfan12
05-01-2015, 08:15 AM
But I think his edge and attitude now is part of what is driving him to greatness.

Good call, Brent.

TheSultan
05-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Count me in on not caring about Jimmy talking trash. A lot of NBA players do, notice how OJ Mayo keeps targeting Jimmy? I don't blame Jimmy for not backing down.

It's the mental part of the game. Jimmy was being talked to as much as he was talking. That is hardly a problem. Pretty much every player does it.

Yesterday was a perfect example of how a veteran team toys with a younger team mentally. The Bucks were knocked completely off their game.

MUAlphaBangura
05-01-2015, 08:52 AM
It's the mental part of the game. Jimmy was being talked to as much as he was talking. That is hardly a problem. Pretty much every player does it.

Yesterday was a perfect example of how a veteran team toys with a younger team mentally. The Bucks were knocked completely off their game.

I would vote that it was the Bulls physical talent that knocked the Bucks completely off their game. Get what your saying though. Just thought Jimmy looked like a punk following the Bucks players around and talking trash. In most cases the Bucks were walking away from it but Jimmy just kept on going. And I don't care if other guys do it all the time either. Like I said before, not a good look for Jimmy.

kneelb4zerg
05-01-2015, 08:59 AM
Good call, Brent.

That's Bert to you.

TheSultan
05-01-2015, 09:47 AM
I would vote that it was the Bulls physical talent that knocked the Bucks completely off their game. Get what your saying though. Just thought Jimmy looked like a punk following the Bucks players around and talking trash. In most cases the Bucks were walking away from it but Jimmy just kept on going. And I don't care if other guys do it all the time either. Like I said before, not a good look for Jimmy.

I think Jimmy's stock rose after this series. I don't think a lot of people care about the trash talking. A Giannis-like dirty play though? Good think Dunleavy didn't have a serious injury after that because that turns the "Greek Freak" from a nice story to a villain pretty quickly.

IWB
05-01-2015, 09:55 AM
True Sultan, but when the backed it up and showed what Dunleavy did before that, he was not innocent, just that Giannis' act was so out in the open and stupid it was baffling.

By the way, Jimmy has always trash-talked, maybe just not as noticeable until last night.

TheSultan
05-01-2015, 10:00 AM
True Sultan, but when the backed it up and showed what Dunleavy did before that, he was not innocent, just that Giannis' act was so out in the open and stupid it was baffling.

Oh I agree with this completely. Dunleavy was not innocent by any means.

kneelb4zerg
05-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Can't believe Marquette fans are whining that one of their own is trash talking in an NBA playoff series. You sound like Badger fans.

MUMac
05-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Oh I agree with this completely. Dunleavy was not innocent by any means.

Agreed, but that said, what Giannis did is not defensible. Even in light of the crap that Dunleavy did and got away with. The full speed block into him, when he was unprotected, was disgusting. An act of frustration, I know, and he will learn from that, but there were other ways to "get even", if you will.

IWB
05-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Kneel - I know there were others that commented but I am not defending Jimmy's trash talking, I absolutely despise trash talking, just saying that it is nothing new from Jimmy.

Mac - Agree completely.

TheSultan
05-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Kneel - I know there were others that commented but I am not defending Jimmy's trash talking, I absolutely despise trash talking, just saying that it is nothing new from Jimmy.

See I guess the issue is that I've never had a problem with it, and when it is well done, it is actually fairly entertaining.

MUfan12
05-01-2015, 10:35 AM
I have no problem with Giannis retaliating, but he can't do it like that. Way too blatant. Tag him with a hip when he cuts, set a hard screen, etc. There are ways to get a shot in that come within the flow of the game.

MUMac
05-01-2015, 10:42 AM
I have no problem with Giannis retaliating, but he can't do it like that. Way too blatant. Tag him with a hip when he cuts, set a hard screen, etc. There are ways to get a shot in that come within the flow of the game.

Precisely my point. What he did was not in the flow of the game. What Dunleavy had done, was (even if it was cheap shots). A hard foul, hip check, whatever, to get your point across. A full running blind side body block on a shooter is bush league.

Markedman
05-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Giannis stepping up and taking responsibility.........love that kid.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/302162801.html

MUMac
05-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Giannis stepping up and taking responsibility.........love that kid.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/302162801.html

Agreed. As I said in an earlier post, it was out of frustration and he will learn from it. I really like his game, but like his character better after reading that.

farmerdoc
05-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Precisely my point. What he did was not in the flow of the game. What Dunleavy had done, was (even if it was cheap shots). A hard foul, hip check, whatever, to get your point across. A full running blind side body block on a shooter is bush league.

Part of the problem for Giannis, IMO is his relative lack of experience playing the game. Didn't he pick the game up relatively late? Many HS kids know how to get even better than what he did. Just inexperience. I'm betting he doesn't repeat this.

mufan2003
05-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Giannis suspended for 1 game next season:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bucks-antetokounmpo-suspended-for-first-game-next-season-b99492852z1-302311081.html