PDA

View Full Version : Majerus' Family Gives $1M to MU

mufan2003
04-23-2015, 12:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12748377/marquette-scholarship-encapsulates-legacy-rick-majerus

The Reptile
04-23-2015, 04:57 PM
A very good thing and very generous of his family to do.

Now, if we can get Saz's to sponsor the scholarship maybe we can up the donation by 15%.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
04-23-2015, 09:44 PM
My brother went to SLU during the Majerus era. Post game, he was at a bar that he liked to frequent - I have never seen a guy clean through a batch of buffalo wings like that in my life. It was a thing of beauty.

TheSultan
04-24-2015, 08:24 AM
My only Rick Majerus story. I was flying to Milwaukee from Charlotte (this is when he was working for ESPN). I was going to walk up to him and mention Marquette and a couple friends we have in common, but he got a phone call from someone. He was literally screaming at whoever was on the other side of the call, and he walked down to the next gate to continue the conversation. After he was done, he sat at the other gate, and our gate agent started saying "Richard Majerus...Mister Majerus...can you come to the gate please?"

All eyes turned to him because everyone knew who he was. It took about three calls for him to get up to the gate. He got up there and picked up three boarding passes. When we finally boarded a completely full flight, he was sitting in the aisle next to mine. I was in the aisle seat. He was the only one in his aisle. He sat in the middle and stared straight ahead for the entire flight. No book. No looking out the window. Just straight ahead.

I never ended up talking to him.

That being said, this is an awesome gift.