PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy has dropped 30+ on the Bucks tonight.

TheSultan
04-20-2015, 09:20 PM
Including this.

https://vine.co/v/eaqpgqIg17P

MU/Panther
04-20-2015, 09:26 PM
Screw Jimmy!
Nothing personal, it's just business.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-20-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm a bucks fan, but I have a soft spot for Jimmy, man he is fun to watch.

MUfan12
04-20-2015, 11:14 PM
This sucks as a Bucks fan. I want to see him do well, but would have rather seen it against Washington instead.

Mucrisco
04-20-2015, 11:16 PM
Jimmy Butler is dead to me. I will never root for a Chicago player.

kneelb4zerg
04-20-2015, 11:39 PM
Jimmy Butler is dead to me. I will never root for a Chicago player.

Ridiculous

mufan2003
04-20-2015, 11:57 PM
I'm a bucks fan, but I have a soft spot for Jimmy, man he is fun to watch.

Agreed. Bucks come first, but will always cheer for Jimmy. I would like to see Jimmy win a ring, would be much better than seeing LeBron and Cleveland.

Speaking of MU greats, Doc has the Clippers playing great basketball. Won 13 of 14 to end the regular season and looked great against the Spurs in game 1. Too bad Wes got injured, Portland has missed his all-around play.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-21-2015, 06:57 AM
My wife never watches NBA, so it was amusing when we were at a bar last night and suddenly she says "hey, I know that guy, who is that...is that Jimmy Butler?" I laughed and was happy to tell her he was likely going to be the NBA Most Improved Player.

DCwarrior
04-21-2015, 08:13 AM
Butler was awesome in the 4th quarter as much as it hurt to watch him.

Larry Sanders really screwed the Bucks...they desperately could use his rebounding, shot-blocking and interior defense in this series.

I also think the Knight for Carter-Williams trade has been a big mistake for the Bucks - at least this year. Knight made that offense go and now they just don't have the outside shooting or the playmaker at the end of games and end of shot-clocks. Maybe Parker and/or Giannis develop into that player down the road, but I highly doubt Carter-Williams ever will. He simply can't shoot.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-21-2015, 08:37 AM

Larry Sanders really screwed the Bucks...they desperately could use his rebounding, shot-blocking and interior defense in this series.

I also think the Knight for Carter-Williams trade has been a big mistake for the Bucks - at least this year. Knight made that offense go and now they just don't have the outside shooting or the playmaker at the end of games and end of shot-clocks. Maybe Parker and/or Giannis develop into that player down the road, but I highly doubt Carter-Williams ever will. He simply can't shoot.

I think the plan is for Jabari to be that scorer.

TheSultan
04-21-2015, 08:43 AM

The Bucks weren't going to go long this year even with Knight. He didn't want to stay in Milwaukee so it was best that they got something for him and set themselves up for the long run.

(And I realize that you are pretty much saying the same thing when you added "at least this year.")

Goose85
04-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Losing Parker and Sanders, your starting center and PF, really hurt. Great job by the Bucks getting to where they are this season.

In addition to being young, one thing the Bucks really have going for them seems to be Kidd. I think he still has a lot of cred with players in the League. That may help the Bucks land a free agent this off season, not a top line guy, but a second tier free agent. Need to land a scorer in the draft, as I don't think a big guy will fall to the Bucks position.

Next season could be a fun one from start to finish for the Bucks if they are able to be healthy and add a piece or two from the draft / free agency.

I'm happy for Butler, and like to cheer for him, but just don't like to lose to the Bulls. He has certainly put himself in position for a max contract.

AbovetheRim
04-21-2015, 10:18 AM
The Bucks weren't going to go long this year even with Knight. He didn't want to stay in Milwaukee so it was best that they got something for him and set themselves up for the long run.

(And I realize that you are pretty much saying the same thing when you added "at least this year.")

Maybe you know more on the subject and the people I know are off, but that is not what I have been told. When he was in Milwaukee, he was trending toward a max or close to max type player this off season. Bill Simmons actually described him as a "market max" player, a guy that shouldn't get max money but with the TV contract money coming, some team would roll the dice.

At that time, the Bucks decided they didn't value him as a max guy nor did they want to pay him like it. Seems prudent given past decision making that has dug massive holes for the organization.

mufan2003
04-21-2015, 10:48 AM
Maybe you know more on the subject and the people I know are off, but that is not what I have been told. When he was in Milwaukee, he was trending toward a max or close to max type player this off season. Bill Simmons actually described him as a "market max" player, a guy that shouldn't get max money but with the TV contract money coming, some team would roll the dice.

At that time, the Bucks decided they didn't value him as a max guy nor did they want to pay him like it. Seems prudent given past decision making that has dug massive holes for the organization.

This is my understanding as well. Nothing to do with Knight not wanting to be in Milwaukee. Bucks were getting word that at least 1 team would offer max-contract money. Bucks liked Knight but not at that price. J Kidd and Bucks have liked MWC, so they decided to make the deal rather than lose Knight for nothing.

Markedman
04-21-2015, 10:50 AM

This is my understanding as well.......he liked Milwaukee and wanted to stay...he just wanted more money then the Bucks wanted to pay him. I think he was genuinely surprised and upset by the trade.....but these are decisions that NBA teams face.

ps Here is a nice article on Jimmy........bucks(and a bunch of other teams) could have had him but how could you know? He sure likes Milwaukee......lol

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/jon-greenberg/post/_/id/780/butlers-defining-splash-couldnt-come-at-better-time-for-bulls

TheSultan
04-21-2015, 11:39 AM

OK, yeah you are probably right here.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-25-2015, 06:21 PM
What Jimmy Butler is doing to the Bucks right now is silly... Has 28 through 2 1/2 quarters... On pace for 40+... Making it look so easy, it is amazing how good he has become, definitely earned himself some money this year... I said he should have taken the deal he was offered this year, but man was he right to wait.

mufan2003
04-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Jimmy is phenomenal. This Bucks team reminds me of 2000. Back then, first round was best of 5. Milwaukee took Indiana to 5 games. An Indiana team that represented the East in the Finals. Coached by Larry Bird, lost to the Lakers in the Finals. The outcome of this series is irrelevant, winning a game on the home court was important. A changing of the guard might be on the horizon.

MU/Panther
04-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Fear the Deer!

mufan2003
04-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Fear the Deer!

Amen brother!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-25-2015, 10:25 PM
I think the Bucks are on there way to building a good team, it won't be championship level, but I think eh could be top 4 in the East, will take Giannis and Jabari progressing into all star types though.