PDA

View Full Version : BE/B10-14 challenge

IrwinFletcher
04-10-2015, 11:17 AM
@JonRothstein: Matchups for the first ever Big East-Big Ten Challenge are likely to be announced next week, sources told @CBSSports.

Looking forward to this.

I think that either IU comes to Milwaukee or we head to Evanston for a Wojo vs Collins matchup.

MUwarrior1090
04-10-2015, 11:19 AM
@JonRothstein: Matchups for the first ever Big East-Big Ten Challenge are likely to be announced next week, sources told @CBSSports.

Looking forward to this.

I think that either IU comes to Milwaukee or we head to Evanston for a Wojo vs Collins matchup.

I want to say it's already been confirmed that we get a home game? Not positive though.

MUAlphaBangura
04-10-2015, 12:10 PM

Looking forward to this.

If Blackmon and Farrell come back for IU, don't know that I'd necessarily want to play them early next season. They will be really good, and I guess if we are going to go against Coach Crean, I'd like to have a good shot at beating them.

ge1974
04-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Matt Velazquez indicated earlier this year that we are indeed getting a home game. It is going to be held in early-mid November. I want the Hoosiers but Michigan or Michigan State would be fun! Also, Maryland is one of the few schools that MU has never played.

IrwinFletcher
04-10-2015, 12:26 PM
Would think they will try and keep it regional for the first time around. Maryland - Gtown would be a great game with Smith-Rivera coming back. Villanova-MSU or Michigan would be good one too. Would think Creighton-Nebraska or Iowa would be logical too. Butler Purdue? Will DePaul and Illinois finally do battle? Could also be a Butler - Illinois tilt. Xavier - OSU?

Lots of really good match up possibilities.

Nukem2
04-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Matt Velazquez indicated earlier this year that we are indeed getting a home game. It is going to be held in early-mid November. I want the Hoosiers but Michigan or Michigan State would be fun! Also, Maryland is one of the few schools that MU has never played.
Mike Broeker tweeted this the other day "November 13th can't get here soon enough #mubb"

MU/Panther
04-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Mike Broeker tweeted this the other day "November 13th can't get here soon enough #mubb"Well, Nov. 13 will be the season opener or home opener. The Big East/B1G series will be Nov. 17 thru Nov. 20th.

MU/Panther
04-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Butler vs Purdue will never play in this event, since they meet every other year in the Crossroad Classic.

IWB
04-10-2015, 12:57 PM
I would like to see Georgetown vs Maryland - Only 12 miles apart. Surprised they don't play annually.

IWB
04-10-2015, 12:59 PM

I do not think it is for sure a home game, but I think MU will get one because they play Wisconsin on the road this year. I'm sure MU would likely have requested to host/travel opposite of the Wisconsin game.

Awilhelmscream
04-10-2015, 01:13 PM
I would like to see Georgetown vs Maryland - Only 12 miles apart. Surprised they don't play annually.

Crazy that's only 12 miles. I know that stretch of road well and it's typically a 60-120 minute drive. Never actually looked at the distance.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Maryland-Nova would be a good one too, both will be top 10 teams, don't know if they will go for the geography aspect, or if they want rankings based matchups

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-10-2015, 01:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10882667/big-east-big-ten-hold-challenge-series

Looks like only 8 games will be played, which means 6 Big 10 teams are sitting out, and 2 Big East teams... Gotta assume DePaul and Seton Hall will be sitting out, but I guess you never know... My guess for matchups would be:

Maryland/Georgetown
Creighton/Nebraska
Butler/Illinois
Marquette/Indiana
Xavier/Ohio St.
Providence/Penn St
St. John's/Rutgers
Villanova/Michigan St.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
04-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if we saw Minnesota. Won't likely be Creighton and Nebraska, they play each other already.

Litehouse
04-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Maybe Creighton/Iowa then.
I image they would give us Indiana for the storyline, or something nearby like Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois.