PDA

View Full Version : Bucks sign jorge gutierrez

IWB
04-07-2015, 04:48 PM
BUCKS SIGN JORGE GUTIERREZ

The Milwaukee Bucks have signed guard Jorge Gutierrez to a multi-year contract, General Manager John Hammond announced today. Gutierrez is the 60th Gatorade Call-Up of the 2014-15 NBA Development League season.

Gutierrez appeared in seven games for the Bucks earlier this season and averaged 3.6 points and 2.1 rebounds while playing 13.4 minutes per game. He made one start for Milwaukee on Feb. 2 at Toronto, and tied his career high for scoring with 13 points on Feb. 6 at Houston. He signed his initial 10-day contact on Jan. 28 and a second 10-day contract on Feb. 7.

Gutierrez has also played 15 games for the Canton Charge of the NBA D-League this season and averaged 13.5 points, 5.1 assists, 4.4 rebounds and 1.7 steals in 29.8 minutes per game.

---------------------------------------

Here is my question, if he is a D-League player that came up this year and averaged 3 and 2, why would you sign him to a multi year deal?

AbovetheRim
04-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Here is my question, if he is a D-League player that came up this year and averaged 3 and 2, why would you sign him to a multi year deal?

That's the first thing I thought when I saw multi-year contract. I know Kidd loves the guy, but it's a bit concerning that he seems to be making all the calls on players.

Goose85
04-08-2015, 11:38 AM
That's the first thing I thought when I saw multi-year contract. I know Kidd loves the guy, but it's a bit concerning that he seems to be making all the calls on players.

Is the contract guaranteed? Does multi year mean the rest of this season and next?