PDA

View Full Version : Stealing money

MUBasketball
04-01-2015, 07:22 AM
Obviously sports networks hire big names once they retire, but has their ever been an ex athlete/coach more useless on TV than Knight?

Did anybody watch the Stanford/Old Dominion NIT game last night? Bob Wischusen, Fraschilla, and Knight were on the call. Fraschilla is always good, but Knight was mostly quiet the whole night. When he did chime in, it wasn't anything interesting. I particularly enjoyed the end of the game, Stanford with the ball up 2, and Knight said it was a key possession because if Stanford hits a shot they'll tie the game.

TheSultan
04-01-2015, 07:25 AM
I don't get the fascination with three-man announcing teams. Wischusen and Fraschilla are great on their own. There is no need to throw another voice in there - any voice. I feel the same with CBS. Nantz and Rafftery are enough. Grant Hill is fine, but its hard for him to get a word in and when he does, it feels forced. (BTW, they should have kept Verne and Rafftery together as the #1 team.)

MUMac
04-01-2015, 07:37 AM
I don't get the fascination with three-man announcing teams. Wischusen and Fraschilla are great on their own. There is no need to throw another voice in there - any voice. I feel the same with CBS. Nantz and Rafftery are enough. Grant Hill is fine, but its hard for him to get a word in and when he does, it feels forced. (BTW, they should have kept Verne and Rafftery together as the #1 team.)

I love Verne and the way he calls the game, but I really noticed a slippage in his attention during the tournament.

pbiflyer
04-01-2015, 07:41 AM
We were lucky enough to Wischusen down here in South Florida early in his career. Did play by play for the Florida Panthers and hosted a talk show radio. Miss him.

MUBasketball
04-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Verne is great. I love when he makes those Pillsbury doughboy poked-in-the-stomach sounds during a broadcast when he gets excited!

MU/Panther
04-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Knight didn't even know what the shot clock was. Didn't catch too much as I was watching the CIT DH on CBSSN.

milkbone
04-01-2015, 08:40 AM
If Knight is doing a game, I will turn it off. IMHO he is terrible

MUBasketball
04-01-2015, 08:43 AM
If Knight is doing a game, I will turn it off. IMHO he is terrible

He is. He's either showing early signs of dementia (not knowing what a shot clock is, not knowing who had the lead late in game last night), or he just doesn't give two sh*ts and is barely paying attention to the game.

Markedman
04-02-2015, 11:33 AM
He be gone.....Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch 53s53 seconds ago
ESPN will not renew the contract of Bob Knight. His last broadcast is tonight's NIT Final. @SInow media column: http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/04/02/bob-knight-not-renewed-espn …

Mucrisco
04-02-2015, 11:37 AM
He is. He's either showing early signs of dementia (not knowing what a shot clock is, not knowing who had the lead late in game last night), or he just doesn't give two sh*ts and is barely paying attention to the game.

That's disappointing. I used to hate Knight. Then, when he started to do TV, I really liked him. For me personally, he was great because he has so much basketball knowledge and would express that. He understands the game. I loved his clinics because you would learn so much from him. So, if that knowledge is leaving this world, that's a shame.

TheSultan
04-02-2015, 12:04 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2015-04-02/bob-knight-espn-broadcaster-contract

Knight wont have his contract renewed.

Markedman
04-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Andy Glockner ‏@AndyGlockner 26m26 minutes ago
Bob Knight should have been a rock star analyst. He just didn't give a crap about preparing. Wasted chance for people to learn from him.