PDA

View Full Version : Back To MU

Phantom Warrior
03-29-2015, 03:11 AM
Looking ahead to next year, based on our present roster of 10, I envision Luke, Duane, and Henry all getting at least 25 mpg, possibly closer to 30. I am guessing Heldt might get 8-12 mpg backing up at the 5, and I figure Carter could get anywhere from 12-25 at point.

That leaves five players, all of whom are probably either 2-3s or 3-2s (though maybe Wally can play some 4).

So, question - predict the order from most mpg to least mpg among Wally, JJ, Sandy, Haanif, and Sacar. Obviously, this is all speculation, but I'm just kind of curious what other posters' expectations are. (I also realize that signing a grad transfer could dramatically change the entire situation.)

For me, I think the order - most mpg to least mpg - would be JJ, Wally, Haanif, Sacar, and Sandy.

IrwinFletcher
03-29-2015, 08:15 AM
I will go with JJJ, Wally, Sandy, Sacar and Haanif.

I just don't think you can discount experience and we finally have a little bit in our depth. JJJ, despite his faults, offers length and athleticism. His deficiencies on defense generally start with him taking risks going for steals. He has the ability to stay in front of his man, he just needs to be taught and learn from that.

Wally received valuable experience sitting out a year and learning the system. He could be a 10-15 minute guy that gives us a lift off the bench.

Sandy was completely lost last season at times. But that is to be expected. Had we any depth, he wouldn't have played at all. But he learned a lot, has some tape he can look at and knows what he can do to improve.

The nice thing about Sacar and Haanif is that even though they are talented players, they will not be depended on to contribute because we do have some depth. Spend the season getting stronger and learning the system and how to play college ball and then look to be bigger contributors come their second season. That is how you build a winning program.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-29-2015, 09:01 AM
I'd say Wally, JJJ, Sacar, Sandy, Haanif. Tough to say now though with so much still to be determined. I could easily see us adding two more guys that will play 25+ minutes. If we were to land someone like Miller, Thorne, or Maia while also getting another guy that can play point, it would change a lot.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
03-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Whoever can defend the best will garner the most minutes at that spot imo. That automatically makes me think despite his offensive talents and experience that JJ will have an uphill battle to consistently earn minutes. I think JJ gets the lion's share to begin the season but as the season progresses I think it will be Sandy, Sacar, JJ, Wally, Haanif. However, my opinion isn't worth much since I know nothing about Wally, Sacar or Haanif other than what I've read and the highlight tapes I've seen.

ValiantSailor
03-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Whoever can defend the best will garner the most minutes at that spot imo. That automatically makes me think despite his offensive talents and experience that JJ will have an uphill battle to consistently earn minutes. I think JJ gets the lion's share to begin the season but as the season progresses I think it will be Sandy, Sacar, JJ, Wally, Haanif. However, my opinion isn't worth much since I know nothing about Wally, Sacar or Haanif other than what I've read and the highlight tapes I've seen.

Feel the same. That said, I'm guessing Wally will get most of the minutes among those five. Just a guess, especially since we haven't finished recruiting for next year.

VS