PDA

View Full Version : Jae vs DJO

Gato78
05-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I know the prognosticators have DJO as undrafted or late 2nd round. I think Jae is projected at late 1st or early 2nd. I want to go on record as saying I think DJO has more NBA potential than Jae. Jae is a tweener and really needs to play 2 in NBA. DJO is a 1 or 2 and is better suited with quicks and J.

Goose85
05-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Location, location, location. That will be the key for both of these guys.

For Jae is it better to be picked at the end of round 1 by the Bulls, Heat, OK City? Or is it better to go early second round to Charlotte, Cleveland, Washington - teams that need everything and will be cleaning house? Ok, a round 1 pick is a great deal and I hope he makes it into round 1, but for longevity would a guy like Jae be better off going to a bad team early round 2?

DJO is a projected 2nd rounder. Is is an NBA type player. Problem is, at his size there are many. Needs to get with a team that has open spots and not much guard depth. I don't know the NBA well enough to know who in mid round 2 that may be, but hopefully that is where he lands. Wes got lucky and Jerel didn't with where their first NBA opportunities came.

Both are better than players in the NBA right now, but in the NBA it is all about the opportunity. Just ask Lin and Novak how the opportunity in NY has worked out.

Markedman
05-03-2012, 01:19 PM
You might be right my friend but DJO is a tweener himself. Has the size of a 1 but has never really played in that role and is defintely more suited to scoring then running an offense.

I really doubt that Jae goes in the first round but I never thought Jimmy or Lazar would either so hope my streak continues.

Hopefully DJO gets drafted....either way somebody will give him a chance to impress in summer league.

warriorfan4life
05-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I think Jae is much more suited to play an NBA 3 then Lazar and will thrive there. I expect through his workouts that he plays his way into the late first round.

With DJ-O, it be a roll of the dice that he makes it on a team that value his contributions. He is not an NBA 1, so he would have to play on a team with a big PG that can guard 2's. Miami would actually be a good landing spot for him, especially as he can play the 2 when they go big with LeBron and Wade splitting ball handling duties and go without a true PG.

Halo
05-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Jae will be a better pro.