PDA

View Full Version : Tom Crean - you stay classy

pbiflyer
03-20-2015, 04:47 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/dirkchatelain/status/579028541439803392
As the horn sounded, Tom Crean looked at official Kipp Kissinger (Nebraska native) across the floor and said, "You suck."

IWB
03-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Not a big deal - some officials said worse things to Wojo this year, MUCH WORSE.

pbiflyer
03-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Really? Was that in response to Wojo's comments? I didn't think there was give and take like. That.

MU/Panther
03-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Kipp Kissinger does suck.

IWB
03-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Really? Was that in response to Wojo's comments? I didn't think there was give and take like. That.

It was in response to Wojo, but I don't believe it was a 'give and take'.

warriorfan4life
03-20-2015, 05:55 PM
I am sure that it was the truth here and has basically become a universal truth in college basketball.

MUMac
03-20-2015, 08:44 PM
So, tc said to kissinger that he sucks. And this is a thread? A coach tells and official he sucks? Wow, a stunning development ...

MUMac
03-20-2015, 08:45 PM
It was in response to Wojo, but I don't believe it was a 'give and take'.

I really feel the disrespect from officials is beyond the pale. The way they act, carry on ... I am not a fan of officiating in this era.

TallTitan34
03-20-2015, 11:03 PM
I dislike Crean as much as the next guy but he can rebuild a program.

I would love for him to go to DePaul, though the AD would probably still screw it up.

GOMU1104
03-21-2015, 08:24 AM
This year...I witnessed an official tell our bench to "sit the f*ck down when they were mad about a call...

pbiflyer
03-21-2015, 10:04 AM
This year...I witnessed an official tell our bench to "sit the f*ck down when they were mad about a call...

I just find it strange that officials can use language that get players and coaches teed up.

Father Dan's Camera
03-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Officiating in the tournament has been at best bad. All these guys think the game revolves around them instead of simply managing it. Ed Cooley got a technical last night for slamming a chair while IN his huddle during a timeout. Too many times are you seeing them anticipate a call and/or making it from far out of position. Unfortunately outside of Gottlieb, no one on the broadcast has the guts to criticize.

IWB
03-21-2015, 05:55 PM
The Cooley thing was beyond ridiculous. Also, if your opponent is attempting a last secondl shot, or at least in the last 9 seconds, go ahead and take him out, they won't blow the whistle at that point in the game.

Gato78
03-21-2015, 06:06 PM
Mrs. Gato made an observation: the former coaches won't criticize officials but former players will take a shot. Gotlieb has been really good in this regard. Reggie Miller too. Officiating has been worse than regular season which is really bad. I agree they think they are the show: see, Ed Corbett. I think they are very inconsistent in the level of contact they will allow, and have been all year. Since it is interpretive officiating, they are open to criticism. But, there have been a lot of outright blown calls.

Officiating in the tournament has been at best bad. All these guys think the game revolves around them instead of simply managing it. Ed Cooley got a technical last night for slamming a chair while IN his huddle during a timeout. Too many times are you seeing them anticipate a call and/or making it from far out of position. Unfortunately outside of Gottlieb, no one on the broadcast has the guts to criticize.