PDA

View Full Version : Mike Neufeldt Has Passed Away

TallTitan34
03-17-2015, 10:09 PM
http://fox6now.com/2015/03/17/former-national-muscular-dystrophy-association-goodwill-ambassador-mike-neufeldt-has-passed-away/

MU Viking
03-17-2015, 11:52 PM
Mike was an MU classmate. I remember we were paired together in Spanish class one day on a project, and from that moment on, he would go out of his way to acknowledge me and say hello to me for the next 17 years, whether it was on campus, at an MU game or when I'd see him elsewhere in the Milwaukee area. Despite his physical limitations, Mike had a heart of gold and was maybe the most positive, inspiring person I've met. Always a smile, always a positive word. He will be missed. RIP Mikey.

pwh00
03-18-2015, 02:06 AM
For those fortunate enough to meet Mike, it took mere seconds to realize he was one-of-a-kind. Quick-witted and constantly upbeat, he was the master of any ceremony. As one of Mike's closest friends for the past 18 years, I knew the day would eventually come when his body would finally betray him. But even with that realization tucked into the back of my mind, I still can't believe that day has finally arrived.

While his body was bound to a wheelchair for the majority of his life, his mind had no such limitations - especially when it came to his passion for sports. Not only was he a huge MU basketball supporter, but he has a book cover to prove it: almost 10 years ago, he partnered with Fox 6 sportscaster Tom Pipines to write the book "Tales from the Marquette Hardwood," an anecdotal history of MU hoops as told by many former coaches and players.

His passing is truly a loss for the Marquette community. Rest in peace, Mike...you will be dearly missed.

MUWhistler
03-18-2015, 06:34 AM
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithfully departed, rest in peace. Amen.