PDA

View Full Version : Arizona vs. Oregon - ESPN

mufan2003
03-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Reminds me how close The Vadgers were to losing their 2nd game of the tourney in Milwaukee last year. Bill Walton, analysis and comedy, entertaining.

mufan2003
03-15-2015, 12:03 AM
February, 2014, Brandon Ashley suffered a season ending injury. Badger fans say so what!?!? 6'10" PF is back, it makes a difference.

MU/Panther
03-15-2015, 08:34 AM
Walton is great! Conference of Champions, let's go. Dave, right.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-15-2015, 09:19 AM
I'm not a fan of Walton's. But Arizona is really good. How did they lose to three sub-100 teams? Especially Arizona State...

Markedman
03-15-2015, 11:59 AM
Agree Alan......can't stand Walton....spends the whole game telling the coaches what to do and retelling John Wooden stories that we have all heard hundreds of times.

and AZ is really good.....will they score enough to beat UW if they are the 1/2 in the West?

79warrior
03-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Agree Alan......can't stand Walton....spends the whole game telling the coaches what to do and retelling John Wooden stories that we have all heard hundreds of times.

and AZ is really good.....will they score enough to beat UW if they are the 1/2 in the West?

went to the game last night. Let me tell you, Zona fans had that place a sea of red. They travel huge. Staples Center will be McHale for Sweet 16. Tremendous fan support.

Gato78
03-15-2015, 03:00 PM
Love Walton. Quirky, for sure and I can see how others are annoyed. Yet, he is in the same league as Oscar Robertson--he was so great as a player, I have to respect his remarks, even if they seem a little off. He played like no one else, except Kareem.

Nukem2
03-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Always remember that 44 point game in the NCAA finals. Awesome. And, of course, fabulous year in Portland. Back an foot injuries derailed him.

MU/Panther
03-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Love Walton. Quirky, for sure and I can see how others are annoyed. Yet, he is in the same league as Oscar Robertson--he was so great as a player, I have to respect his remarks, even if they seem a little off. He played like no one else, except Kareem.
Some who don't like him just don't understand the humor. Dave, right. Conference of Champions, let's go.

When you slice that orange about the game of basketball, he is totally correct.

mufan2003
03-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Wisconsin's region is similar to last year. West Region, possibly Oregon in 2nd round and Arizona in the Elite 8. North Carolina could be a tough Sweet 16 matchup.

TheSultan
03-15-2015, 05:43 PM
Oregon...North Carolina...Arizona.

UW will have to earn it.

MUfan12
03-15-2015, 05:45 PM
I hate to say this, but I think they win it all. Hope like hell I'm wrong.

MUMac
03-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Wisconsin's region is similar to last year. West Region, possibly Oregon in 2nd round and Arizona in the Elite 8. North Carolina could be a tough Sweet 16 matchup.

If Baylor swapped places with NC, it might have looked identical.

mufan2003
03-15-2015, 05:52 PM

UW will have to earn it.

And would have to face Kentucky in the semifinals. Not easy, but Wisconsin can beat anybody. I'll be hoping they lose, the sooner the better :)

03-15-2015, 06:13 PM

UW will have to earn it.

They will, but I can't see Oregon taking Bucky out. Not enough defense or size. Will likely try to outrun them but Bo's team should be disciplined enough to deal with them. Arizona to come out of the West.

warriorfan4life
03-15-2015, 09:13 PM
I hate to say this, but I think they win it all. Hope like hell I'm wrong.

I think Kentucky curb stomps them. Can throw Cauley-Stein, Towns, Lee, and Johnson all on Frank the Tank, and still have the size and athleticism to contain Dekker and Hayes.

Nukem2
03-15-2015, 09:28 PM
I think Kentucky curb stomps them. Can throw Cauley-Stein, Towns, Lee, and Johnson all on Frank the Tank, and still have the size and athleticism to contain Dekker and Hayes.
I suspect it ends before KY. Cannot keep getting the calls they got today.

warriorfan4life
03-15-2015, 09:36 PM

I want it to end after the Coastal Carolina game, but feel fairly safe that it does not get beyond Kentucky. Think the game with Zona is about a toss-up, and Carolina can match them on the frontline. Definitely not the friendly draw they had to the Elite 8 last year (though I think that Creighton team could have given them serious trouble).

03-16-2015, 08:50 AM

I like UNC's chances against them. Wisconsin hasn't seen a team that athletic since Duke, and we saw how that went. If not UNC, then Arizona. Can't see it ending before then, though. Just don't think Oregon can repeat what they did last year.

mufan2003
03-16-2015, 12:09 PM
I agree about UNC and Arizona having great length and athleticism, two of the few teams that can matchup with Wisconsin on the frontline. The thing I don't like about UNC and Arizona is that both teams can struggle at times to make shots from the perimeter. With Wisconsin rarely turning the ball over, both teams will have to score against a set UW defense that protects the paint well.