PDA

View Full Version : OT: William & Mary

TheSultan
03-09-2015, 07:43 PM
William & Mary is one of five of the original 160 NCAA teams who has not made the tournament. (The others are Army, the Citadel, St. Francis (NY) and Northwestern.)

Last year they had a six point lead in the CAA championship game with just over a minute to go...and lost to Delaware.

This year they were the number one seed...and are getting crushed by Northeastern. This will make them 0-9 in conference championship games!

St. Francis is hosting the NEC Championship Game tomorrow night and could break their drought.

MU/Panther
03-09-2015, 08:20 PM
As the #1 seed they get an automatic birth to the NIT.

MUWhistler
03-10-2015, 09:14 AM
One of my coworkers here in NYC played for St. Francis back in the 70s. He has similar stories to William & Mary. Twice, they have had double digit leads in the second half and blown them in championship games, so he has been a nervous wreck all week about this tournament.

Amazing thing. Their gym on campus only holds 900 people in it. They had to open up the auditorium 100 yards away to televise the game because they can't get everyone into the gym. I've seen plenty of high school gyms that are bigger than what they play in.

Go Terriers!

unclejohn
03-10-2015, 12:02 PM
One of my coworkers here in NYC played for St. Francis back in the 70s. He has similar stories to William & Mary. Twice, they have had double digit leads in the second half and blown them in championship games, so he has been a nervous wreck all week about this tournament.

Amazing thing. Their gym on campus only holds 900 people in it. They had to open up the auditorium 100 yards away to televise the game because they can't get everyone into the gym. I've seen plenty of high school gyms that are bigger than what they play in.

Go Terriers!

Beautiful campus, though. Right next to Colonial Williamsburg. I would have loved it there.

TheSultan
03-10-2015, 08:12 PM

Go Terriers!

I was rooting for them just because of this story. And they lost.

Nukem2
03-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Beautiful campus, though. Right next to Colonial Williamsburg. I would have loved it there.
Yes, it is a beautiful campus and adjacent to CW as you say.

MU/Panther
03-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Another #1 seed gets into the NIT.