PDA

View Full Version : Want to watch a car wreck?

Gato78
03-03-2015, 09:51 PM
The I4 boards are insane after I4 lost to Iowa tonight. They may not be seeing the big picture but TC is not a fan favorite right now. I was PO'd at TC when he left but I mellowed with time. After Buzz left, I felt better about TC--never said anything bad about MU, just praised I4--though he never thanked the fans. So I actually feel bad for TC and his family right now. Has to be tough for them. He is either gone this year or has a ton of pressure to win big next year.

MUFLA
03-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Definitely interesting. If they beat MSU, are they on the bubble? I've also become more sympathetic to Crean over time. But he did sign up for this & is getting paid handsomely. I have no doubt Crean will do extremely well no matter what happens to him.

IWB
03-03-2015, 11:52 PM
And to think they were thrilled with him only 5 weeks ago when they were ranked.

warriorfan4life
03-04-2015, 12:35 AM
I had just about assumed that Indiana was in the field, but this rough finish is doing them no favors. They are just 4-8 in road and neutral games, and have a losing record (8-10) against RPI top 100 teams. I think they are still in if the tournament started today, and probably above the play-in games, but I would strongly recommend them to beat Michigan State on Saturday. If they lose their next two, the NIT is suddenly in the picture. If I were Crean's agent, I would be scoping the field closely and hoping to find a soft landing him for this offseason (better to move semi-voluntary then to be involuntarily ousted).

kneelb4zerg
03-04-2015, 06:52 AM
And to think they were thrilled with him only 5 weeks ago when they were ranked.

I never got the sense they were thrilled with him. Just less enraged.

MU/Panther
03-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Indiana will be in the field.

Halo
03-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Why are you guys going to other team message boards and commenting here on a public message board? We have message board rules and police here that don't like this kind of discussion. So knock it off and get back to talking about MU's season only!

MUBasketball
03-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Why are you guys going to other team message boards and commenting here on a public message board? We have message board rules and police here that don't like this kind of discussion. So knock it off and get back to talking about MU's season only!

:rolleyes:

mufan2003
03-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Indiana will be in the field.

Lunardi has them as "Last 4 In" after losing 2 straight to Northwestern and Iowa. Michigan State at home on Saturday, could be another loss. They may be in but will be sweating it out if they lose Saturday and don't win a game or two in the conference tourney. Indiana's only true road wins have been Rutgers, Nebraska and Illinois. Not a strong resume.

TheSultan
03-04-2015, 01:32 PM

...sigh

You still don't get it.

Halo
03-04-2015, 02:26 PM
...sigh

You still don't get it.

You are so easy to bait. Get a grip, it's a stupid message board. You sound like a bitter old man on these boards. Smile once in awhile and enjoy life.

TheSultan
03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
You are so easy to bait. Get a grip, it's a stupid message board. You sound like a bitter old man on these boards. Smile once in awhile and enjoy life.

LOL...ok.... :rolleyes:

pbiflyer
03-04-2015, 06:27 PM

That is the fun part about watching them and the insane part of them. They have been like that since he has been there and likely long before he got there.
They are nuts.

IrwinFletcher
03-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Ironic that II,II's tourney hopes could come down to them beating TC's mentor, Tom Izzo, on Saturday. Wonder how those two guys feel about that.

Markedman
03-04-2015, 06:51 PM
https://indiana.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1743250

mufan2003
03-05-2015, 01:29 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S2XvxDaIwCw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Car Wreck?

IWB
03-05-2015, 10:20 AM
2003 - I can quote most of that movie, but the awesomeness of that scene must have always escaped me. I love it when "The meat wagon arrives and the medic gets out. 'Oh. My. God!' And the new guy is over in the corner puking his guts out, all because you wanted to save a couple of extra pennies on brake pads."

"GET OUT! NOW!"

"Do you validate?"

Thanks for posting, I was actually jiggling while watching that.

Goose85
03-05-2015, 11:01 AM
I personally cheer for Crean. He put MU hoops back on the map. If we kept Mike Deane or made a hire not as successful as Crean where would we be?

Indiana is also a victim of the unbalance Big 10 schedule this year. Two games against Mich State, Ohio State, Maryland and Purdue along with the game against Wisconsin on the road. On the flip side, Wisconsin had just one game against each of those teams.

Beat Mich State at home and they are in the tourney. Lose and they still may get in the tourney.

I for one will be pulling for Indiana to beat Mich State.

MUMac
03-05-2015, 11:20 AM
I personally cheer for Crean. He put MU hoops back on the map. If we kept Mike Deane or made a hire not as successful as Crean where would we be?

Indiana is also a victim of the unbalance Big 10 schedule this year. Two games against Mich State, Ohio State, Maryland and Purdue along with the game against Wisconsin on the road. On the flip side, Wisconsin had just one game against each of those teams.

Beat Mich State at home and they are in the tourney. Lose and they still may get in the tourney.

I don't cheer for crean, but I do not cheer against him either. Never been a fan of IU, so I really do not care what they accomplish. I gave up my bitterness fairly soon after Buzz was hired. I appreciate what crean did for MU, but as he has moved on, so have I.

ziggysfryboy
03-05-2015, 01:20 PM
2003 - I can quote most of that movie, but the awesomeness of that scene must have always escaped me. I love it when "The meat wagon arrives and the medic gets out. 'Oh. My. God!' And the new guy is over in the corner puking his guts out, all because you wanted to save a couple of extra pennies on brake pads."

"GET OUT! NOW!"

"Do you validate?"

Giggleing or jiggleing? Either way, lol.
:cool:

mufan2003
03-05-2015, 01:59 PM

"GET OUT! NOW!"

"Do you validate?"

Great movie, like Will Ferrell, Chris Farley could do just about anything and I would be laughing.

MinnesotaJeb
03-05-2015, 05:10 PM

I'm with you on this. Crean did great things for Marquette and we're still his beneficiaries. Whenever I look over at the student section at BB games all in gold t-shirts, that's what he did, engaging our students once again, besides jump-starting our whole program.

Most coaches are a bit intense, so that if he felt driven to jump to Indiana because he thought it the top of the basketball world, that wasn't an insult to us. More power to him.

I certainly don't want to see the man lose his job because he wanted to be the best. After all, "excellence" is one of Marquette's own hallmarks, even though most of us think excellence is just as attainable here at Marquette as it is at Indiana.

Not quite as mellow about Buzz, though I don't want him to lose his job either. Didn't like his dissing the BE and, by association, us along with it.

BLT
03-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Tom's biggest mistake was not leaving MU more gracefully. His exit was very complex emotionallally for him. He should have thought about his legacy here, which is significant. He basically walked away from his emotions and plowed forward. That was how he was raised with a split family. What he missed, that Joanie knew, he had a place finally to call home for life. But, the anchor needed to be raised. He loves new challenges.

Yet, Strong, Kasten, Cords, Wild still show up at his IU games. KO misses it too. Milwaukee-strong.