FOX: Gus Johnson and Jim Jackson

#23 Butler at DePaul, 1pm
FS2: Tim Brando and Dickie Simpkins

Creighton at Seton Hall, 3pm
CBSSN: Tom McCarthy and Alaa Adbelnaby

Goose85
02-27-2015, 08:39 AM
Tough games.
I want Villanova to keep winning and get a 1 seed, but could really seal a tourney bid with a win. X does have Creighton left too.

St. John's needs a win to seal tourney bid, as they have Vill and MU left to play. Can they go 1-2 down the stretch and get in?

warriorfan4life
02-27-2015, 09:39 AM
Tough games.
I want Villanova to keep winning and get a 1 seed, but could really seal a tourney bid with a win. X does have Creighton left too.

St. John's needs a win to seal tourney bid, as they have Vill and MU left to play. Can they go 1-2 down the stretch and get in?

I think 9-9 will do for both Johnnies and Xavier. They are pretty solidly in the field now, and one more win (especially a high-profile win like Georgetown or Nova) should seal the deal.

MU/Panther
02-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Point Spreads for the home team

St. John's +1.5 on CBS

Xavier +3 on FOX

DePaul +7 on Fox Sports 2

Seton Hall -2 on CBS Sports Network

MU/Panther
02-28-2015, 11:37 AM
St. John's 29 Georgetown 18 on over the air tv, CBS. Big crowd in MSG!

MU/Panther
02-28-2015, 01:08 PM
St. John's 71 Georgetown 56, 2:51 left on CBS

Butler 7 DePaul 2 on FS2

Villanova 2 Xavier 8 on FOX

MU/Panther
02-28-2015, 01:57 PM
Xavier 40 Villanova 33 at the half on FOX

Butler 29 DePaul 24 at the half on FS2

MU/Panther
02-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Final
Villanova 78 Xavier 66

Final
Butler 67 DePaul 53

Creighton at Seton Hall is underway on CBSSN. Bluejays up 7-0

Nukem2
02-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Xavier skating on thin ice now. Should X lose at Creighton next Saturday and lose in a BET quarterfinal, it will have an 18-14record...NCAAs look very iffy then.

MU/Panther
02-28-2015, 04:09 PM
The train wreck known as the Seton Hall Pirates trail at the half by 10 points to Creighton on CBSSN

MU/Panther
02-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Xavier skating on thin ice now. Should X lose at Creighton next Saturday and lose in a BET quarterfinal, it will have an 18-14record...NCAAs look very iffy then.
Xavier lost at home to Creighton. They have a week to get ready or the pressure will be on in MSG. I can't wait for the Big East Tournament!

warriorfan4life
02-28-2015, 10:59 PM
A win at Creighton, and Xavier should be in and likely out of the play-in games. Two straight losses, and it will be mighty close either way. They probably just need one more win before the NCAA's to get in, as it really is weak right by the cut line (and they have wins over Stephen F. Austin and Murray State in case those teams lost in the conference tourney).

Meanwhile, I think the Johnnies bid is now locked up, and they have a real chance of wearing home colors in the first round of the tourney. Not a secret that I am not a Lavin fan, but it looks like they will make the NCAA's in spite of him. I still think they should make the bold move of making a coaching change, as the program does not look sustainable, but it likely buys him at least one more year.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Xavier has a surprisingly strong RPI and SOS. I don't expect them to lose their last two, but if they do they should still make the field.

Nukem2
03-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Xavier has a surprisingly strong RPI and SOS. I don't expect them to lose their last two, but if they do they should still make the field.Not sure about that...14 losses would a big number. How many schools have received an at-large bid with 14 losses.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
03-01-2015, 12:44 PM
A lot more these days than in the past. With a field of 65 they'd be in trouble but with 68 they should be okay. Worst case scenario they are still high 50s RPI with a top-20 SOS.

If the committee went away from RPI they might be in trouble, because their non-con schedule is more a product of not playing weak teams than it is playing top teams, but 9 Big East wins with those numbers will be better than many bubble teams.

MU/Panther
03-01-2015, 01:11 PM
The #1 interesting bubble team has to be Kansas State.

Nukem2
03-01-2015, 01:57 PM
A lot more these days than in the past. With a field of 65 they'd be in trouble but with 68 they should be okay. Worst case scenario they are still high 50s RPI with a top-20 SOS.

If the committee went away from RPI they might be in trouble, because their non-con schedule is more a product of not playing weak teams than it is playing top teams, but 9 Big East wins with those numbers will be better than many bubble teams.
That's exactly Xavier's issue. Lots of losses at 14 with a non-descript NC schedule. Suspect the committee would look very long at that. X can really help itself by beating CU and getting a quarterfinal win in the BE.

warriorfan4life
03-01-2015, 02:18 PM
That's exactly Xavier's issue. Lots of losses at 14 with a non-descript NC schedule. Suspect the committee would look very long at that. X can really help itself by beating CU and getting a quarterfinal win in the BE.

Their non-conference performance is quietly good with wins at Cincinnati, and over likely 12-13 seeds Murray State and Stephen F. Austin. Not fantastic or anything, but better then many teams on the cutline. This year more then ever, there are really weak resumes that will garner serious looks at getting in. People are actually championing a team with a .500 overall record.