PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Trade Knight

Goose85
02-19-2015, 02:20 PM
Sounds like the Bucks have traded Brandon Knight for Michael Carter Williams, Miles Plumlee, and Tyler Ennis.

MCW will probably play the point and Plumlee will provide depth at C. Not sure if Ennis will play much at all.

I did not think the Bucks would move Knight, but I guess they must have had an idea how much he wanted and decided to move him.

MU/Panther
02-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Most are saying it's a great trade for the Bucks.

Goose85
02-19-2015, 02:56 PM
MCW is a big point guard. Just can't score like Knight.
Plumlee is interesting in that he is the same height as Henson, but a good 25 pounds bigger. Better depth with the loss of Sanders heading into final part of season and hopefully playoffs.

If the Bucks make the playoffs, they have some long defenders they can use. MCW, Giannis, Henson. Need to replace leading scorer - I'm sure Mayo can help.

MU/Panther
02-19-2015, 03:14 PM
MCW and Knight ave per game is about the same, MCW can't shoot from the outside.

Goose85
02-19-2015, 03:28 PM
MCW and Knight ave per game is about the same, MCW can't shoot from the outside.

You are right, MCW can score, he just can't shoot from the outside like Knight.

I wonder if Kidd sees some of himself in MCW. Kidd was not known as a shooter, but more of a big point who could score / distribute.

MU/Panther
02-19-2015, 03:36 PM
Michael Carter-Williams was averaging 15 points, 6.2 rebounds and 7.4 assists for the 76ers this season.

Question is why does the 76ers want to give MCW up? He was the rookie of the year.

mufan2003
02-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Last time a Bucks trade got this much pub was Ray Allen for Gary Payton. Maybe Bogut for Monta Ellis, but Bogut's injuries had most Milwaukee fans ready to move on. I hope this works out for the Bucks. I have my doubts, but hope to be proven wrong.

MU/Panther
02-19-2015, 05:46 PM
This difference in this trade, it's a trade for the future than just the current season.

mufan2003
02-19-2015, 08:23 PM
This difference in this trade, it's a trade for the future than just the current season.

Agree. That's why there is at least hope this could work out. MCW in his 2nd year, Ennis in his 1st year and Plumlee in his 3rd. Players with room for improvement. I do like the fact MCW is averaging 7 assists and 6 rebounds even if his shooting %'s are poor.