PDA

View Full Version : Rumors, rumors rumors...

IWB
05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Rumors all over the net on sites like RealGM etc, that the Bucks will get rid of Skiles. Any idea if this will happen? I have said this before, but I think it would be a mistake to get rid of John Hammonds.

Goose85
05-01-2012, 02:20 PM
I believe Skiles met with the Senator today.

GOMU1104
05-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure they're going to buy Skiles out. At this point...the coach doesn't matter. They need players.

IWB
05-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Damn you rumor mill - I held off all day on putting up a story as I was preparing one on Skiles, and now Charles Gardner confirms that Skiles will be back - well, I got some work to do.

mufansince72
05-01-2012, 11:46 PM
The coach isn't the problem Gomu is right, they need better players and probably a better owner.

IWB
05-02-2012, 07:02 AM
I understand why people say it, but if they had any other owner, they would not be here.

Kohl doesn't mettle as much as people think - Hammond runs the show. Also, the Bucks lose cash every year. When they close the books, he asks the VP of finance how much they are in the hole, and he physically writes a check for the balance, so the book is always -0-. Name one owner that would ever consider doing that? Also, the team has been quietly for sale for years. He has listened to a lot of interested owners. He has one requirement - that the team remain in Milwaukee. Not one interested party would agree to that.

So, in my opinion, anyone that wants Kohl out wants the Bucks to leave as that is what would happen if Herb sold the team.

Goose85
05-02-2012, 09:02 AM
I think Kohl gets a bum rap at times and am glad he has kept the team here. The NBA is not the NFL where everyone has a chance.

We have drafted poorly - don't think that is on Kohl.
When we had the top pick the best player was Bogut, not LeBron / Durant / etc - can't blame Kohl for that one.
Free agents are not going to come to Milw, even if we had a different owner.

If the Bucks keep things together (don't lose any key player) this draft is deep and with some luck we can get an impact player.

Biggest reason I like Kohl as owner - as IWB said, he has kept the team in Milw and that is very good for MU.
It is great for MU to play in an NBA facility. Without the Bucks I'm not sure where MU plays long term.
Recruits come in and find out the Heat or the Knicks or the Mavs were just at MU practicing.
Overall, being in an NBA city is great for MU.