PDA

View Full Version : Sanders Buyout

Goose85
02-18-2015, 10:59 AM
Looks like Larry Sanders will be bought out for about $13 mil, but the Bucks can spread that over 6 more years I think. Annual Cap hit is a little over $2 mil.
That opens up a lot of cap space for the Bucks during this off season.

While the Bucks may not be a big time free agent destination, but cap space might allow them to sign a free agent that will help the team. The Bucks could also be a player in trades as they might be able to take on some salary.

Too bad for Sanders, as when right he was a very good defensive center, but this Bucks team is better off without him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12342186/larry-sanders-milwaukee-bucks-close-buyout-agreement

Marquette
02-18-2015, 12:16 PM
With the multiple pot suspensions, the bar fight/broken thumb and the I "I don't wanna play basketball anymore" they should be able to cut him without giving him 13 mil. Aren't all of those behavioral issue grounds for termination?

MU/Panther
02-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Funny VCU went to the Final Four the year after Sanders.

IWB
02-19-2015, 06:14 PM
With the multiple pot suspensions, the bar fight/broken thumb and the I "I don't wanna play basketball anymore" they should be able to cut him without giving him 13 mil. Aren't all of those behavioral issue grounds for termination?

Seriously, when in the NBA can you cut a guy for violating the terms of his contract? Violating the league substance abuse policy twice, breaking his thumb in a bar fight, leaving the team indefinitely because he doesn't feel like playing - they shouldn't have had to pay him anything!