FS1: Kevin Kugler & Donny Marshall

MU/Panther
02-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Spreads
-16 Villanova
-2.5 Butler

MU/Panther
02-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Well, the sinking ship known as the Seton Hall Pirates is getting crushed 75-45 and S.Gibbs gets tossed after doing a WWE style elbow.

I got to say, I would rather be a MU fan than a Seton Hall fan this year. What is happening to that team is well, you can fill in the blank.

Nukem2
02-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Well, the sinking ship known as the Seton Hall Pirates is getting crushed 75-45 and S.Gibbs gets tossed after doing a WWE style elbow.

I got to say, I would rather be a MU fan than a Seton Hall fan this year. What is happening to that team is well, you can fill in the blank.
Suspect that Kevin Willard is toast, GBOOW.

TheSultan
02-16-2015, 08:04 PM
https://vine.co/v/OxA13uaIjnb

Phantom Warrior
02-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Holy Sh*t! He should be suspended for the rest of the season. There is no place for that crap. What a frickin' a$$hole that guy is.

MUBasketball
02-16-2015, 11:49 PM
Arm bounced off Ajou's head. I think he was frustrated and trying to punch at ball, not intentionally pop Arch in face.

As KO said, "he's not a serial killer".

Phantom Warrior
02-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Nonsense. That was clearly intentional.

MUMac
02-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Arm bounced off Ajou's head. I think he was frustrated and trying to punch at ball, not intentionally pop Arch in face.

As KO said, "he's not a serial killer".

Looks like Gibbs admits he did it intentionally ... http://zagsblog.com/articles/big-east-to-review-sterling-gibbs-elbow-of-ryan-arcidiacono/

MUfan12
02-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Gibbs is by all accounts a good kid, and has never been a dirty player. What he did was terrible, he lost his head and immediately apologized for it. Give him a three game suspension.

MUBasketball
02-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Looks like Gibbs admits he did it intentionally ... http://zagsblog.com/articles/big-east-to-review-sterling-gibbs-elbow-of-ryan-arcidiacono/

What's he going to do, insist he was trying to punch at the ball? Minimize the damage and accept responsiblity and own it. Smart move.

You cannot convince me he wound up and belted Arch in the head with him forearm intentionally in the middle of the court. His arm totally bounces off his teammates head and ricochets to Arch's head.

Not smart, regardless!

milkbone
02-17-2015, 12:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12338027/sterling-gibbs-seton-hall-suspended-two-games-hitting-villanova-ryan-arcidiacono-face

. Seton Hall suspends Gibbs for 2 games. Big question is what will the NCAA do to Gibbs??

TheSultan
02-17-2015, 12:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12338027/sterling-gibbs-seton-hall-suspended-two-games-hitting-villanova-ryan-arcidiacono-face

. Seton Hall suspends Gibbs for 2 games. Big question is what will the NCAA do to Gibbs??

I don't think the NCAA does anything. Usually player discipline is left up to the school and the conference, and the conference reaffirmed SHU's punishment.

TheSultan
02-17-2015, 12:46 PM
What's he going to do, insist he was trying to punch at the ball? Minimize the damage and accept responsiblity and own it. Smart move.

You cannot convince me he wound up and belted Arch in the head with him forearm intentionally in the middle of the court. His arm totally bounces off his teammates head and ricochets to Arch's head.

Not smart, regardless!

So even though 90% of the people who have seen the clip thinks he did it intentionally, and even though he basically admitted to doing it intentionally, you are still going to go with "unintentional."

OK...

MUBasketball
02-17-2015, 01:04 PM
So even though 90% of the people who have seen the clip thinks he did it intentionally, and even though he basically admitted to doing it intentionally, you are still going to go with "unintentional."

OK...

Again, he owned it and accepted responsiblity rather than beg and plead for forgiveness saying it was unintentional. As you said, 90% of the people wouldn't believe him anyway. He and Arch smoothed things over with the way they handled it after the game.

Heaven forbid I disagree with the masses on Twitter. Lord knows they are never wrong.

Mucrisco
02-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Again, he owned it and accepted responsiblity rather than beg and plead for forgiveness saying it was unintentional. As you said, 90% of the people wouldn't believe him anyway. He and Arch smoothed things over with the way they handled it after the game.

Heaven forbid I disagree with the masses on Twitter. Lord knows they are never wrong.

I agree with MUBasketball. If he was trying to hit Arch in the head, he has bad aim because he hit his teammate first. Pretty stupid to close his fist though. Even if he was aiming for the ball, chances are that he is not going to connect with the ball.

Edit: This guy agrees.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Sterling-Gibbs-Given-Flagrant-2-After-Hitting-Arcidiaconos-Face-35683293

Intentional or not, it was a stupid play and definitely deserves suspension. No reason to close your fist like that.

Mucrisco
02-17-2015, 01:53 PM
This situation does remind me of a play during my glory years. I loved diving on the floor and I went for every loose ball. On one play, I had a deflection and the ball was going out of bounds. The point guard for the other team shielded me away from the ball so that it would be their possession. He was trying to box me out while it was going out of bounds. We were kind of both on the run for the loose ball while he was doing this. So, I tried to dive around him and I swung at the ball wildly to try to knock if off of him. I completely whiffed and smacked him hard on the mouth with my hand. He was down for a while and they called a T on me. I deserved it. The whole time though, I was next to him to check if he was ok. He wasn't mad at all but he did have a big fat lip and blood all over his mouth. After the game, I went up to him to apologized again. He told me that it wasn't a big deal. The only thing he was mad about is that "he couldn't smooch all the girls" that night.

IWB
02-17-2015, 02:11 PM
Crisco - I hope you at least offered to take care of that for him.

MUMac
02-17-2015, 03:05 PM
I don't think the NCAA does anything. Usually player discipline is left up to the school and the conference, and the conference reaffirmed SHU's punishment.

Not usually, that is how it is structured. This is the school and league discipline issue. If it were to happen in the NCAA Tournament, then they would get involved. Right now, they do not have the jurisdiction to handle it.

Mucrisco
02-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Crisco - I hope you at least offered to take care of that for him.

Smooch all the girls for him or smooch him?