PDA

View Full Version : Lack of physicality and toughness

Nukem2
02-14-2015, 02:33 PM
This team's lack of size, length, physicality and court toughness has been addressed as a side conversation in a number of threads. Bringing this to its own thread here. Obviously size is an incurable problem for this year but help is coming with the Ellensons and Heldt; but, not so sure physicality comes along with that for next season. Length will continue to be an issue. Court toughness hopefully will be helped with maturity of the underclassmen. Next season could be another in the rebuilding mode unless Wojoscores well in spring recruiting. We shall see.

TheSultan
02-14-2015, 02:41 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. I think MU's interior defense and rebounding today was terribly poor. Luke is at best an average defender. STJ is bad. Really need to add a physical interior defender and rebounder.

MU/Panther
02-14-2015, 02:49 PM
I think Marquette is in game 2 of a double-header in the recruiting world. MU is in the 1st inning, alot will happen this spring, to judge anything towards next season.

Nukem2
02-14-2015, 03:25 PM
I think Marquette is in game 2 of a double-header in the recruiting world. MU is in the 1st inning, alot will happen this spring, to judge anything towards next season.That's kind of the point of this thread.....will Wojo score in Spring recruiting in terms of height/size/length/physicality....? Need more of those attributes for next season as there is not much returning and who knows re the signed frosh.

Markedman
02-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Henry is a pretty physical kid with some nasty in him but he defintely will need some help.

MU/Panther
02-14-2015, 03:36 PM
That's kind of the point of this thread.....will Wojo score in Spring recruiting in terms of height/size/length/physicality....? Need more of those attributes for next season as there is not much returning and who knows re the signed frosh.
Ok, I think. That pretty much sums it up.

Gato78
02-14-2015, 05:31 PM
Wojo has a stud in Henry. Of course, he would like as many studs as possible. However, conider that he starts by building around Henry for the next 2 year--or more. Complimentary guys who play D, rebound and are a scoring threat. Then, he adds studs to go along with the complementary guys. I like that as a plan with hopes one or two of the guys he adds to Henry blossom.

MU/Panther
02-14-2015, 05:51 PM
I have a feeling H Cheatham will be stud.

79warrior
02-14-2015, 07:20 PM
I have a feeling H Cheatham will be stud.

I have no confidence that any Freshman, with the exception of HE, will contribute meaningfully. Player rankings have been discussed over and over. MU fans get lulled into thinking the incoming class is the one every off season. Well, we have seen over the last several years how the freshmen have worked out. Folks knocked Buzz for not playing Freshmen enough. We have one proven scorer returning, Duane. That is it. MU fans better buckle up because next season will not be pretty either. We hopefully can win a few more, but it will be another learning year based on who we know will be on the roster.

MU/Panther
02-14-2015, 07:29 PM
I wish people would not quote me, when they are not even talking about what I said. Second, you must follow me on the boards because I'm not the person you are talking about. Third, it silly to make a win/lose for 2015-16 as we don't know the schedule or the roster.

kneelb4zerg
02-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the warning. I will choose to buckle up in a positive way, not a naghead downer way. Enjoy your crappy outlook on life.

I have no confidence that any Freshman, with the exception of HE, will contribute meaningfully. Player rankings have been discussed over and over. MU fans get lulled into thinking the incoming class is the one every off season. Well, we have seen over the last several years how the freshmen have worked out. Folks knocked Buzz for not playing Freshmen enough. We have one proven scorer returning, Duane. That is it. MU fans better buckle up because next season will not be pretty either. We hopefully can win a few more, but it will be another learning year based on who we know will be on the roster.

79warrior
02-14-2015, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the warning. I will choose to buckle up in a positive way, not a naghead downer way. Enjoy your crappy outlook on life.

love my life. Love MU. Just a realist. This is going to take several years. Have a nice evening

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-18-2015, 12:44 PM
love my life. Love MU. Just a realist. This is going to take several years. Have a nice evening

Kinda agree with 79 here

mufan2003
02-18-2015, 01:07 PM
College basketball, things can turn around quickly. I would disagree with several years, but could see going through an average season next year. If I had to bet, we will be on the bubble or a lower seed for the NCAA tourney next year. Having 10 or 11 guys at Wojo's disposal will already be an improvement over this year.

While Henry is a stud, nothing is for sure. We all thought Vander Blue would be a stud as a freshman, he was not until he became a junior. On the other hand, Dominic James was a stud as a freshman. However, neither Vander or D James were McDonalds All-Americans or Top 6 players in the country. It is also easier to dominate when you are 6'10" with a handle and can shoot. Lets not put too much pressure on Henry, even though he could be very good. Need Duane, Cohen, JJ, Fischer, Cheatham and other players Wojo signs to play well along with Henry. I think next year we will be better and make the tourney.