FS1: Joe Davis and Bill Raftety

36 Providence @ 24 Georgetown, 8pm
CBSSN: Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas and Evan Washburn

Creighton @ 33 Xavier, 8:15pm
FS1: Justin Kuchter and Donny Marshall

(Ranking are the AP Poll)

Goose85
02-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks to MU / Panther for providing this information daily. I do appreciate the effort in helping me plan my television watching.

MU/Panther
02-03-2015, 12:02 PM
I enjoy it! I'm the ratings/TV guy and I look to others here for recruiting info . :)

mufan2003
02-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Thanks to MU / Panther for providing this information daily. I do appreciate the effort in helping me plan my television watching.

I second that. It is much appreciated.

MUBasketball
02-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Seton Hall just landed a little bit ago in Chicago for the DePaul game tonight. If not weather related, what in the hell???

MUMac
02-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Seton Hall just landed a little bit ago in Chicago for the DePaul game tonight. If not weather related, what in the hell???

I would suspect they could not fly out due to the weather. My daughter had troubles the past two days flying out. The Midwest was shut down Sunday and early Monday. The East Coast was shut down yesterday. I think this storm crept up on everyone and they had trouble getting to Chicago.

warriorfan4life
02-03-2015, 04:02 PM

Definitely weather related. Figure that O'Hare and Midway both were shut down from Saturday night to midday Monday. Hall may not be able to fly back tonight either as a fresh batch of snow is starting to fall. It would suck if this causes them to lose though, as they owe DePaul one after the loss at home.

MU/Panther
02-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Point Spreads
Butler -6

Seton Hall - 2.5

MU/Panther
02-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Butler 36 St. John's 28 at halftime
Chris Obekpa gone after throwing an elbow.

warriorfan4life
02-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Well, Whitehead helped Hall win against Xavier, and was a major part of Hall losing to DePaul tonight. At this point, I will just pencil Hall into the 8-9 game in the first round of the NCAA's.

Nukem2
02-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Well, Whitehead helped Hall win the Xavier, and was a major part of Hall losing to DePaul tonight. At this point, I will just pencil Hall into the 8-9 game in the first round of the NCAA's.

Still a half season to go in the BE. Some BE teams now in bracketolgy are going to drop out as teams beat on each other. I say BE gets. 4 or 5 teams. 7 teams not going to happen.

warriorfan4life
02-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Still a half season to go in the BE. Some BE teams now in bracketolgy are going to drop out as teams beat on each other. I say BE gets. 4 or 5 teams. 7 teams not going to happen.

You must not have done a projected bracket yet. The Johnnies are in big trouble, but the other six teams are in good shape. The back of the field is weak as usual. Unless Marquette and Creighton get hot and consistently beat the top six teams (and damage their RPI's), the top six teams will make the NCAA's.

Nukem2
02-04-2015, 08:56 AM
You must not have done a projected bracket yet. The Johnnies are in big trouble, but the other six teams are in good shape. The back of the field is weak as usual. Unless Marquette and Creighton get hot and consistently beat the top six teams (and damage their RPI's), the top six teams will make the NCAA's.Hope you are right.

kneelb4zerg
02-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Hope you are right.

Jeez, you really are a negative nelly.

MU/Panther
02-04-2015, 09:07 AM
You know there is 37 at-large teams that need to be in. St. John's did lose on the road to a strong RPI team in Butler.

MUBasketball
02-04-2015, 09:40 AM
You know there is 37 at-large teams that need to be in. St. John's did lose on the road to a strong RPI team in Butler.

St. John's is not an NCAA Tournament caliber team. Well, let me rephrase that - with Lavin as the head coach, St. John's is not an NCAA Tournament caliber team. Although not deep, very skilled. This isn't even a knock on Lavin from an X and O standpoint, but rather his team's discipline and effort. Discipline is non-existent, and effort only pops its head up now and then. Would be so much better with a competent coach.

Nukem2
02-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Jeez, you really are a negative nelly.Uhhh...........:confused:

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-04-2015, 10:43 AM
St. John's had a great non-conference. Only loss to a top-10 RPI Gonzaga team, and none of their opponents were sub-300 RPI. While St. Mary's, Syracuse, and Minnesota may not have a ton of luster, they are still solid wins.

8-10 in league may be enough to get them into the NCAAs, especially if they win one at the BET. 9-9 would almost certainly have them in. Can't see the committee leaving out a team with a top-45 RPI, top-25 SOS, and what would probably have to be 5-6 top-50 wins. Honestly, at Marquette could be the make or break game for them. With senior day at Villanova looming, that could be their last shot at a win prior to the BET. If they have only 7-8 league wins coming into the BC, they will need to win to avoid a (ugh) bad loss and irreparable damage to their resume.

EDIT: Though I agree Lavin is a turd. Decent enough recruiter, but just doesn't get near the production out of a team that seems to be very talented. I like a lot of what I see in their players individually but they can never quite put it together. They'll need to if they want to dance.

MU/Panther
02-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Wednesday
Marquette @ 7 Villanova, 6pm
FS1: Joe Davis and Bill Raftety

36 Providence @ 24 Georgetown, 8pm
CBSSN: Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas and Evan Washburn

Creighton @ 33 Xavier, 8:15pm
FS1: Justin Kuchter and Donny Marshall

(Ranking are the AP Poll)

Point Spreads
Villanova -15
Georgetown -6.5
Xavier -13

MUBasketball
02-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Worth noting that tonights game is at the Wells Fargo Center (have won there at least once, maybe twice?), not on campus at the Pavilion (never won there). Hope!?

Nukem2
02-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Worth noting that tonights game is at the Wells Fargo Center (have won there at least once, maybe twice?), not on campus at the Pavilion (never won there). Hope!?MU has had some real stinkers at the Pavilion.

02-04-2015, 01:44 PM
I think last year was the first time we lost at Wells Fargo.

MU/Panther
02-04-2015, 01:51 PM
I think last year was the first time we lost at Wells Fargo.It was a CBS game and Marquette got killed after Buzz got the T.

warriorfan4life
02-04-2015, 03:09 PM
It would not surprise me if we led at the half, as Nova has a tendency to play to their level of their competition. The second half will likely be a different story. Still think we have a big upset in us, but hard to predict the exact game we pull said upset.

MU/Panther
02-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Providence/Georgetown on CBSSN and Creighton/Xavier on FS1 coming up next!

MU/Panther
02-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Georgetown 41 Providence 38 at halftime on CBSSN

Creighton 32 Xavier 29 at halftime on FS1

MU/Panther
02-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Both games are tied, late in the game!

warriorfan4life
02-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Huge road win for Providence, especially with their tough remaining conference schedule. This should just about punch their NCAA ticket.

Meanwhile, Xavier with a real ugly home loss to Creighton. This erases all of the good will accrued from their win at Georgetown last week.

Nukem2
02-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Huge road win for Providence, especially with their tough remaining conference schedule. This should just about punch their NCAA ticket.

Meanwhile, Xavier with a real ugly home loss to Creighton. This erases all of the good will accrued from their win at Georgetown last week.
Seton Hall, Xavier and SJU are rapidly losing ground in terms of an NCAA bid. BE looks more and more like a 4 bid league.

MU/Panther
02-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Who else is taking those bids? Again, you need 37 at-large teams. It would be a crime if the Big East gets four teams.

02-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Seton Hall, Xavier, and St. John's would all be locks at 9-9, and sweating on the bubble at 8-10. Honestly, DePaul and Creighton are killing the league's hopes at 7 bids. DePaul is 4-1 against the bubble teams and Creighton is 2-1. To get 7 in, you need the other 3 to be pretty bad. We've (ugh) held up our end, but the other two haven't. The killer is that neither of them (or us) have any shot at a bid outside of 4 wins at MSG.

Would be nice if Seton Hall and Xavier could beat up on St. John's and the Johnnies managed to win the BET at MSG. That, or something like it, is probably the best shot at keeping 7 bids. Right now, I just have a tough time seeing all 3 get in. I do still think at least 1-2 of them will, though, someone will build some separation.

Nukem2
02-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Seton Hall, Xavier, and St. John's would all be locks at 9-9, and sweating on the bubble at 8-10. Honestly, DePaul and Creighton are killing the league's hopes at 7 bids. DePaul is 4-1 against the bubble teams and Creighton is 2-1. To get 7 in, you need the other 3 to be pretty bad. We've (ugh) held up our end, but the other two haven't. The killer is that neither of them (or us) have any shot at a bid outside of 4 wins at MSG.

Would be nice if Seton Hall and Xavier could beat up on St. John's and the Johnnies managed to win the BET at MSG. That, or something like it, is probably the best shot at keeping 7 bids. Right now, I just have a tough time seeing all 3 get in. I do still think at least 1-2 of them will, though, someone will build some separation.
Xavier's 46 RPI with 9 losses is perplexing, especially given who some of the losses are. Looking more closely, it's built on SOS as X's schedule has no outliers. Nice, but I suspect the committee will be looking more closely at who X has beaten (and, who X has lost to).

02-05-2015, 05:37 PM
Yeah, Xavier's entire resume right now is propped up by those Georgetown wins. Had they lost those two games their RPI would plummet to 81. They did a brilliant job of scheduling. Their lowest non-con opponent was #229 IUPUI. And while neither UTEP nor LBSU are good losses, they both should be top-100 teams.

At the end of the year, however, Auburn, DePaul, and Creighton will all be blemishes. Also, they do have a non-con game at Cincy remaining. That game might be a must for them as they only have one top-50 non-con win and that's #48 Stephen F Austin.

What Xavier does illustrate, however, is the importance of non-conference scheduling. Their RPI and SOS numbers are fantastic despite only playing 1 top-50 team in non-con so far. It's not about high-end teams, it's about stocking yourself with the 50-200 teams. May not get as much publicity, but it's great for the RPI and SOS. Wish MU would take a page out of that book.

Nukem2
02-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Yeah, Xavier's entire resume right now is propped up by those Georgetown wins. Had they lost those two games their RPI would plummet to 81. They did a brilliant job of scheduling. Their lowest non-con opponent was #229 IUPUI. And while neither UTEP nor LBSU are good losses, they both should be top-100 teams.

At the end of the year, however, Auburn, DePaul, and Creighton will all be blemishes. Also, they do have a non-con game at Cincy remaining. That game might be a must for them as they only have one top-50 non-con win and that's #48 Stephen F Austin.

What Xavier does illustrate, however, is the importance of non-conference scheduling. Their RPI and SOS numbers are fantastic despite only playing 1 top-50 team in non-con so far. It's not about high-end teams, it's about stocking yourself with the 50-200 teams. May not get as much publicity, but it's great for the RPI and SOS. Wish MU would take a page out of that book.
LBSU is 10-11. Another scheduling wonder. As you say, it is important to get a good NC schedule.

RJax55
02-05-2015, 08:02 PM
On Xavier, they can't afford to lose to MU on Tuesday.

Nukem2
02-05-2015, 08:05 PM
On Xavier, they can't afford to lose to MU on Tuesday.
Yup. But, I'll take the win anyway.

02-06-2015, 06:25 AM
LBSU is 10-11. Another scheduling wonder. As you say, it is important to get a good NC schedule.

LBSU's non-conference schedule looks like a murderer's row for a low to mid-major. Only 3 games vs sub-100 RPI teams and they won all three (including K-State). Their worst non-con loss is at Syracuse, with St. John's and UCLA also on that list. And they're 6-1 in conference play.

Nukem2
02-06-2015, 09:19 AM
LBSU's non-conference schedule looks like a murderer's row for a low to mid-major. Only 3 games vs sub-100 RPI teams and they won all three (including K-State). Their worst non-con loss is at Syracuse, with St. John's and UCLA also on that list. And they're 6-1 in conference play.LBSU will still need to win its conference tourney to get into the NCAAs, though.

02-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Definitely, just illustrating the bizarre nature of a (currently) losing record team with a top-100 RPI.