PDA

View Full Version : Non MU - Random Twitter venting

MUBasketball
02-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Does anybody follow Andy Glockner on Twitter? I had to unfollow him last night in the 2nd half, I couldn't take it anymore. Tweeting CONSTANTLY and hash tagging "#soccerbowl". WTF? I hate soccer so that just added to the annoyance.

Anyway, my point/question is this - are these national media guys obligated to tweet as part of their job? Otherwise, why in the hell must you tweet constantly during a game that everybody is watching? I don't get why any thought that enters the head some people have to type it out and Tweet it out. Who cares what you think?

Twitter, I love it and hate it equally!

MU/Panther
02-02-2015, 09:00 AM
There was a study that came out that people that are angry on twitter is worse than smoking.

MUfan12
02-02-2015, 09:07 AM
I do, and I thought it was funny. Glockner is a big soccer guy, it's his account, and he can tweet whatever the hell he wants.

Ranting about this reflects worse on you than it does him.

TheSultan
02-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Does anybody follow Andy Glockner on Twitter? I had to unfollow him last night in the 2nd half, I couldn't take it anymore. Tweeting CONSTANTLY and hash tagging "#soccerbowl". WTF? I hate soccer so that just added to the annoyance.

Anyway, my point/question is this - are these national media guys obligated to tweet as part of their job? Otherwise, why in the hell must you tweet constantly during a game that everybody is watching? I don't get why any thought that enters the head some people have to type it out and Tweet it out. Who cares what you think?

LOL, isn't that the point of Twitter? To follow the guys whose opinions you care about? It's a simple solution. Just unfollow him. I have unfollowed and refollowed certain national guys before when they start going off on subjects I don't care about.

MUBasketball
02-02-2015, 09:21 AM
it's his account, and he can tweet whatever the hell he wants.

Of course he can, that wasn't the question. Was just wondering if people who tweet so much - such as Glockner last night - annoys anybody else. Apparently I'm in the minority. Fair enough.

MUBasketball
02-02-2015, 09:27 AM
LOL, isn't that the point of Twitter? To follow the guys whose opinions you care about? It's a simple solution. Just unfollow him. I have unfollowed and refollowed certain national guys before when they start going off on subjects I don't care about.

I hope to get information from Twitter, not be overwhelmed with opinions on the Super Bowl from people I follow. I'm just amazed how much some people tweet, which was the main reason I posted this. I am just wondering if media guys are instructed to tweet as much as possible by their employer? Otherwise, I just don't get it. Tweeting 100 times in one night when almost all of them are meaningless.

"Great catch!"
"Good play call"
"Horrible throw by Brady"
"WHY NOT RUN IT?!"

Holy crap, am I getting old? :p

MayorBeluga
02-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Holy crap, am I getting old? :p

And you kids get off my lawn!!!

Markedman
02-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Live tweeting of the Super Bowl is very common.

I like Sultan have unfollowed lots of media guys who tweet too much for my taste or who beat a subject to death.....Gockner is one I unfollowed....Bilas is another.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-02-2015, 10:40 AM
I still follow Glockner, but I'm also a soccer guy. Bilas I gave up on. All he ever tweeted was his random rap lyric then "I gotta go to work." Never got any insight there.

Gato78
02-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Bilas is so arrogant--really came out in his tweets. Had to unfollow.

IWB
02-02-2015, 11:43 AM
It happens in the Marquette games too. During games I sit on press row and post in our message board anything that I think might not be seen on tv at home - various stats, things that I see on the sidelines as well as opinions etc.

So many of the younger media members, college and post college, sit there with no laptops, just their phones, and tweet the entire game. Constantly. Is there anyway someone is reading that many tweets? If there are 5 of them, and they all tweet 100 times in a game, and they all have the same followers, do those followers have the time to read 500 tweets at the same time they are actually watching the game?

TheSultan
02-02-2015, 11:51 AM
It happens in the Marquette games too. During games I sit on press row and post in our message board anything that I think might not be seen on tv at home - various stats, things that I see on the sidelines as well as opinions etc.

So many of the younger media members, college and post college, sit there with no laptops, just their phones, and tweet the entire game. Constantly. Is there anyway someone is reading that many tweets? If there are 5 of them, and they all tweet 100 times in a game, and they all have the same followers, do those followers have the time to read 500 tweets at the same time they are actually watching the game?

I follow Matt Velasquez, Paint Touches and you. I check out twitter on every television timeout. Honestly I don't go on BCB or Scoop during the games and I rarely read the post game article in the paper. Usually twitter gives me the info I want to see.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-02-2015, 12:44 PM
I also check Twitter during games because it often gives some different nuggets that you don't get on TV, sure when a big play happens and everyone tweets the same thing it's a bit annoying but it comes with the territory. On the whole Twitter is great. A few months ago I went through and unfollowed a bunch of people and it makes it SO much better

2012Warrior
02-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Same as the previous two. I use it a lot at games when something may happen in the game that people on the floor or watching at home may be able to provide context to (bad calls, replays, a technical explanation). Also, I usually get the main Wojo post game quotes from there. I love following Twitter during live events. You get a lot of fun tweets and informative ones.