PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Weather and Seton Hall

Goose85
01-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Sounds like the east coast will be shut down this week due to the huge storm expected.
To our friends on the east coast - Good luck, be safe, and get out the shovels.

Thankfully the Superbowl is not in NY this year, that would have been a mess.

Seton Hall should be making plans to get into Milw soon, and may end up just staying local for a day after the game.

Sounds like Whitehead won't be back for the game on Wed.

http://www.nj.com/setonhall/index.ssf/2015/01/seton_hall_needs_isaiah_whitehead_back_soon.html

MU/Panther
01-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Seton Hall was in Milwaukee on Sunday night per FSN boardcast. They were taking the bus to Milwaukee after the Butler game.

TheSultan
01-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Seton Hall was in Milwaukee on Sunday night per FSN boardcast. They were taking the bus to Milwaukee after the Butler game.

Was that their original plan, or was this something they changed due to weather?

MU/Panther
01-26-2015, 01:11 PM
Was that their original plan, or was this something they changed due to weather?I don't know. Kevin Kulger the play by play man said nothing about the snowstorm. So, I'm guessing it was the original plan.

MU/Panther
01-26-2015, 03:23 PM
DePaul At Providence MBK Game On Tuesday Postponed, Tentatively Rescheduled To Thursday At 1 P.M. On Fox Sports 1.

MUBasketball
01-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Whitehead posted a pic today saying they were bussing from Indy to Milwaukee. How very mid-major, Seton Hall.

TedBaxter
01-27-2015, 05:17 AM
Whitehead posted a pic today saying they were bussing from Indy to Milwaukee. How very mid-major, Seton Hall.

All programs save money, if they can, and taking a 4 to 4 1/2 hour bus ride when you have a couple days between games is no big deal. Go to the parking lot at a college golf tournament and you'll see large vans for 8-10 people from high major schools from more than 500 miles away. To ask your other sports to bus it or van it to long distance destinations and not take a 270 mile trip from Indianapolis to Milwaukee with a couple days to burn is hypocritical to me.

MUBasketball
01-27-2015, 07:49 AM
All programs save money, if they can, and taking a 4 to 4 1/2 hour bus ride when you have a couple days between games is no big deal. Go to the parking lot at a college golf tournament and you'll see large vans for 8-10 people from high major schools from more than 500 miles away. To ask your other sports to bus it or van it to long distance destinations and not take a 270 mile trip from Indianapolis to Milwaukee with a couple days to burn is hypocritical to me.

I totally agree with you, a bus is perfectly sufficient when leaving two days early for a game only 4+ hours away. I was just piling on them a little bit, they are in a nosedive and taking the bus just combined to make them feel like the same old Seton Hall -- aka small time. Aside from tomorrow night of course, hopefuly they get it turned around (and getting Whitehead back should help). Looked like they had turned the corner this year, need to get some wins and get themselves in the tournament.

Which brings me to another question. Do all Big East teams fly charter? I would think all major conference teams do but I remember the UCLA story from just a year or two ago that they fly commercial (shocking).

MUMac
01-27-2015, 08:13 AM

Every school is different, but have guidelines when to travel by plane or bus. 4 1/2 hours would be a bus trip for most schools.

IWB
01-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Not to mention, many airlines are simply not flying. Warrior69 was supposed to fly in for these next two games and his flights were cancelled before the first flake even fell. Flights are cancelled in and out of Milwaukee and we have nothing.

So, any flight out there is likely triple booked. Taking a 4 1/2 hour bus ride might be better than waing another 16 hours for the next flight. Can you justify s $50k private jet flight when you are less tha 5 hours away by bus? Not likely.

MayorBeluga
01-27-2015, 08:44 AM
How bad is it in parts of the northeast? This bad