PDA

View Full Version : What is a foul in the Big East?

MayorBeluga
01-24-2015, 07:04 PM
Can anyone hear tell me what the hell a foul is the Big East right now? Carlino can get elbowed and held and Corbitt's response is to tell him to knock it off. Smith can elbow Fisher and its a foul on Fisher but Bowen doesn't touch Carlino and it is. The players and coaches can not figure it out. A sad commentary.

Corbitt deserves more than Gato and Alpha give him.

Nukem2
01-24-2015, 07:27 PM
Can anyone hear tell me what the hell a foul is the Big East right now? Carlino can get elbowed and held and Corbitt's response is to tell him to knock it off. Smith can elbow Fisher and its a foul on Fisher but Bowen doesn't touch Carlino and it is. The players and coaches can not figure it out. A sad commentary.

Corbitt deserves more than Gato and Alpha give him.
Watching Smith today at the BC steamrolling people was not encouraging either. One thing to use the body with no hands, but when you are moving it is a foul.

MUMac
01-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Watching Smith today at the BC steamrolling people was not encouraging either. One thing to use the body with no hands, but when you are moving it is a foul.

It was obvious that corbett thought MU was a team of contortionists. The way they could move their body, while suspended in air, was mindboggling to him. Smith would put his forearms on Fischer, Anderson, Taylor ... and push and get away with it all day. I saw one play where Derrick had position and the GT player placed both hands on his back and shoved him forward while in the air. Got the rebound and scored. Just unbelievably awful officiating on display today.

mufan2003
01-24-2015, 10:26 PM
I am not one for calling out zebras, always think it is an excuse for losing, but Josh Smith did run over an MU defender more than once......and don't give me the typical "obvious flop, no way the offensive player could knock him over." Dude is north of 350 and 6'10", yes he can. Added to that, no great post moves left or right to avoid contact, just bulldozing right into the defender.

kneelb4zerg
01-24-2015, 10:27 PM
I like most Big East teams but I ******* hate GT. ST Johns a close second.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-24-2015, 11:28 PM
32-20 free throws were a huge home disparity. At least 4 blown travels, worst of which was the 5 steps on the last play of the first half. And Smith playing overtime while Luke sat was criminal.

Markedman
01-25-2015, 02:21 PM
https://twitter.com/PaintTouches/status/559225919676891137

Nukem2
01-25-2015, 02:29 PM
32-20 free throws were a huge home disparity. At least 4 blown travels, worst of which was the 5 steps on the last play of the first half. And Smith playing overtime while Luke sat was criminal.
To be fair, most of the FT disparity came in OT when MU had to foul. Agree otherwise.

Gato78
01-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Steve Lavin is asking the same questions right now.

IWB
01-25-2015, 09:52 PM
I like most Big East teams but I ******* hate GT. ST Johns a close second.

Here is another reason to dislike G'Town. In the overtime when MU started fouling and G'Town hitting a few more free throws, MU fans started heading for the exits. As G'Town's bench started to celebrate, Jabril Trawick started getting in fan's faces - yelling, "Where you going?.....Can't handle it?" stuff like that. One fan took offense to it and bitched back which only fueled Trawick. He kept it up. The fan moved on but Trawick didn't. he started yelling at more fans, running up and down high fiving any player or coach he could get to, all while still giving it to the fans. He finally sits down and notices that I was watching him. I had no emotion on my face, not good or bad, yet he starts staring me down as is if he is saying, "What are you gonna do, you want a piece of me?" I couldn't believe it.

What a tool. I am sitting on press row. He ha no idea who I am. Especially when the seating from him to me went like this...
Chicago Bulls Scout - Milwaukee Bucks Scout - Miami Heat Scout - Georgetown Athletics - WSSP - Me

I'm sure the NBA scouts got a fine few of his act, and while he may not be NBA material, NBA Scouts & Euro Scouts all know each other and trade info often.

What a tool.

MUfan12
01-25-2015, 10:33 PM
Trawick has always been a punk, and a bit of a dirty player at times.

I really, really can't wait for them to get bounced early again in March. And it will happen if they get refs that call the game tight.