PDA

View Full Version : SJU Game Thread

Nukem2
01-21-2015, 06:10 PM
Forcing the ball inside. We shall see.

goldenlegal22
01-21-2015, 06:19 PM
Looks like we are trying to run with them after rebounds. Not sure we can keep that up with a short bench and SJU making us run all over the floor on D.

MayorBeluga
01-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Does anyone on this team value the ball?

Nukem2
01-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Looks like we are trying to run with them after rebounds. Not sure we can keep that up with a short bench and SJU making us run all over the floor on D.
SJU has a short rotation as well.

Nukem2
01-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Rather sloppy undisciplined game on both sides.

CaribouJim
01-21-2015, 06:45 PM
SJU unis are not light enough.

Have some buddies there and the upper deck is totally empty.

Markedman
01-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Ugly but close....kind of the story of most of the season.

turnovers continue to be a big problem......If St Johns starts hitting some of the open 3s they are getting in the 2nd half the game could get out of hand

Markedman
01-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Would it be too much to ask for Fox Sports to have announcers who did their home work?

Nick Kapetan ‏@KapN93 · 7m7 minutes ago
What we learned in the first half: Duane and Derrick are brothers and Henry Ellenson is from Minnesota. #mubb #factcheckthat

CaribouJim
01-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Would it be too much to ask for Fox Sports to have announcers who did their home work?

Nick Kapetan ‏@KapN93 · 7m7 minutes ago
What we learned in the first half: Duane and Derrick are brothers and Henry Ellenson is from Minnesota. #mubb #factcheckthat

I assumed he was kidding, if not that is bad.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
01-21-2015, 07:08 PM
I cant remember the last game where we looked so athletically inferior

MayorBeluga
01-21-2015, 07:09 PM
I cant remember the last game where we looked so atheltically inferior

You obviously don't remember the Mike Deane era.

Markedman
01-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Juan just can't play against teams like this in the post.........This reminds me of that game against Cincy when the amigos kept taking it to the rim and getting them blocked...over and over again....

Gato78
01-21-2015, 07:20 PM
You obviously don't remember the Mike Deane era.
You may have forgotten the Bob Dukiet years.

MUAlphaBangura
01-21-2015, 07:21 PM
Zone looks more active in the 2nd half. Steve actually looks motivated tonight.

CaribouJim
01-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Carlino is unconscious.

On paper SJU should be killing MU.

AlexJesswein
01-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Man Carlino has carried the offense lately. Scary to think what we would be without him.

Gato78
01-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Wally Rutecki inserting himself.

RJax55
01-21-2015, 07:34 PM
Luke is playing way too soft.

Nukem2
Luke needs to go for the dunk....

Markedman
I have a feeling I know how this movie is going to end......

CaribouJim
01-21-2015, 07:38 PM
How did Taylor get away with that - two guys and he is double pumping and it goes in.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
01-21-2015, 07:48 PM
sandy's confidence is growing by the minute

Markedman
01-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Just don't have enough weapons....

Markedman
01-21-2015, 08:02 PM
And we mess up the press and give up a dunk

Nukem2
01-21-2015, 08:06 PM
Juan and Derick, as the true seniors, did nothing tonite on the offensive end. That's hard to overcome.

MayorBeluga
01-21-2015, 08:07 PM
A perfect example tonight of the flaws and lack of talent of this team. Sigh

Markedman
01-21-2015, 08:09 PM
Yep....Nice to see Taylor have a really nice game...and Cohen in the game at crunch time.....He just needs to get stronger with the ball...which will come with experience and strength

Nukem2
01-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Just a little short on the road every game. Not a bad team by any measure. Looking forward to the future.

RJax55
01-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Juan and Derick, as the true seniors, did nothing tonite on the offensive end. That's hard to overcome.

They didn't score. 0 points. I have no idea how a team is suppose to win when two guys play 25+ minutes but don't score.

Take out the Providence game, Juan has scored a grand total of 26 points in Big East play.

I realize that with only eight guys, everyone going to play and the options are limited. But, its time for Wojo to begin making the transition. It was nice to see Cohen get some extended time in the 2nd half. Hopefully, JJJ can earn some more minutes as well. And, I would like to see Duane run some point.

MUAlphaBangura
01-21-2015, 08:58 PM
They didn't score. 0 points. I have no idea how a team is suppose to win when two guys play 25+ minutes but don't score.

Take out the Providence game, Juan has scored a grand total of 26 points in Big East play.

I realize that with only eight guys, everyone going to play and the options are limited. But, its time for Wojo to begin making the transition. It was nice to see Cohen get some extended time in the 2nd half. Hopefully, JJJ can earn some more minutes as well. And, I would like to see Duane run some point.

Why would you take out the Providence game when you are talking about points scored in Big East Play??? Selective ripping to make your point?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

MU/Panther
01-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Just a little short on the road every game. Not a bad team by any measure. Looking forward to the future.
Well said and the future being Saturday.

Nukem2
01-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Why would you take out the Providence game when you are talking about points scored in Big East Play??? Selective ripping to make your point?:confused::confused::confused::confused:
We all get your point, but Juan has been all over the board in BE play. He really needs to be far more consistent for our Warriors to win on the road this season. To be very truthful, he ha a very rough outing tonight. Such is life.

MUMac
01-21-2015, 09:16 PM

Because right now, that game appears to be an anomaly.

Markedman
01-21-2015, 09:19 PM
To be fair Derrick did have 6 rebounds and 7 assists but the only shot he took was a desperation 3 at the end of the clock...it is just very hard to have a good offense when the guy with the ball in his hands the most is just a total non threat to score the ball.

And I like Derrick.....

Nukem2
01-21-2015, 09:27 PM
To be fair Derrick did have 6 rebounds and 7 assists but the only shot he took was a desperation 3 at the end of the clock...it is just very hard to have a good offense when the guy with the ball in his hands the most is just a total non threat to score the ball.

And I like Derrick.....
We all do, but Derrick (and Juan) is what he is. Both simply need more well developed talent around them to be more successful. It is what it is in what is most definitely a rebuilding season. I'm just enjoying the development of the young guys like Sandy tonite. Not worried about the NCAAs.

RJax55
01-21-2015, 09:46 PM
Because right now, that game appears to be an anomaly.

Exactly. Its an outlier so far in conference play.

Even when included, Juan's averaging 7 a game in Big East play. More is needed considering the amount of minutes he's getting.

MUAlphaBangura
01-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Exactly. Its an outlier so far in conference play.

Even when included, Juan's averaging 7 a game in Big East play. More is needed considering the amount of minutes he's getting.

That's all you needed to do. I'm not saying you can't critique the kid's play. Just be fair about it. Don't penalize him because he had a good game.

MUAlphaBangura
01-21-2015, 10:29 PM
We all get your point, but Juan has been all over the board in BE play. He really needs to be far more consistent for our Warriors to win on the road this season. To be very truthful, he ha a very rough outing tonight. Such is life.

You obviously don't get my point. Critique his entire body of work if your going to throw out specific stats. You can't leave some stuff out to suit your argument. He wasn't talking about a specific game. He was talking about the Big East season.

DCwarrior
01-22-2015, 07:49 AM
This team is what it is -- a hard-working, but severely limited offensive team. If Carlino isn't on one of his tears, the team has zero outside shooting threats (btw, Pointer is the best all-around defensive player I have seen in college this year -- the game completely changed when he started guarding Carlino). The team is also limited athletically and very limited physically (the guys need some some serious weight training in the off-season). Their biggest deficiency is in ball-handling -- Derrick is the only player I trust with the ball, but he's a zero threat to do anything with it.

All that being said, with the exception of the Ohio St. and Mich. St games, MU has had a chance to win every game this year (including all their Big East road games). The team needs more size, skill, strength, shooting and depth. Hopefully next year's recruiting class and the off-season will provide much of that.

Nukem2
01-22-2015, 07:53 AM
You obviously don't get my point. Critique his entire body of work if your going to throw out specific stats. You can't leave some stuff out to suit your argument. He wasn't talking about a specific game. He was talking about the Big East season.
I said he has been all over the map in BE play and needs to be more consistent. Then simply added that he had a rough game last night. Juan simply is rather small and slight of frame to do some of what he is being asked to do in BE play. Hopefully, he can gain some level of consistency over the rest of the BE season. Not knocking his efforts, just noting the results. He is what he is.

Markedman
01-22-2015, 12:14 PM
on the plus side....although we missed 41 shots....we got back 20 of them on offensive rebounds.....that is pretty amazing considering the size and athleticism of the opponent.

guys are playing hard.

Nukem2
01-22-2015, 01:13 PM
on the plus side....although we missed 41 shots....we got back 20 of them on offensive rebounds.....that is pretty amazing considering the size and athleticism of the opponent.

guys are playing hard.
7 of the 20 were team rebounds per the box score at gomarquette.com. Guess a lot of those misguided MU missiles went out of bounds...?