01-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Jim Burr alert!

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 11:37 AM
Jim Burr alert!

What a flop bry Stainbrook...!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-17-2015, 11:37 AM
Really good defense... Fisher and Stainbrook with two fouls... Looks like JJJ is the new guy in the dog house, hasn't seen the floor today, much like Cohen and Taylor disappeared earlier in the year.

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Small team with Luke and Juan on bench. Steve not jumping at all. Need to get this half over.

Markedman
01-17-2015, 11:51 AM
unreal defense and good enough O. Good spacing with Luke in the post....he just needs to stop turning it over.

Good decision making from Derrick, Duane and for the most part Matt.

Cohen has obviously moved ahead of JJ...at least for this week.

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 11:53 AM
MU badly Outrebounded with Luke and Juan on the bench. Steve really has limited verticality..!

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 11:56 AM
I've been hard on Derrick over time, but really have to admire his play. Particularly recently in BE games.

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Seniors are having a difficult time this half.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Anyone have a bad feeling about this game? I feel like Ive seen this movie before.

kneelb4zerg
01-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Anyone know how to
Make an entry pass to the post??? Good god

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Seniors are having a difficult time this half.
Derrick has two TOs and just gave up 2 easy corner 3s. Tough 10 minutes for him.

MUAlphaBangura
01-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Don't care how many points Carlino has, he's cost us more.

MUAlphaBangura
01-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Derrick has two TOs and just gave up 2 easy corner 3s. Tough 10 minutes for him.

Yeah, and nobody else is having any problems out there.

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Energy level just not where it was in 1st half. Effect of fouls and short rotation.

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Yeah, and nobody else is having any problems out there.
Already said all the seniors are having issues. Don't be so darn protective. Derrick had an outstanding 1st half...2nd half, not so. Just what it is.

MUAlphaBangura
01-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Energy level just not where it was in 1st half. Effect of fouls and short rotation.

You're right, esp the lack of energy closing out on the 3 point shots. Is this another case of foolish pride with Wojo not playing JJ????

Warriors69
01-17-2015, 12:36 PM
where's JuJuan ?

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 12:37 PM
where's JuJuan ?
Saw him on the bench durin a TO. Injury or coach's decision...?

MUAlphaBangura
01-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Already said all the seniors are having issues. Don't be so darn protective. Derrick had an outstanding 1st half...2nd half, not so. Just what it is.

No. Everybody sucks in the 2nd half, yet you single out Derrick. Carlino has made awful plays, Cohen with bad decisions, Steve Taylor MIA again.

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 12:42 PM
No. Everybody sucks in the 2nd half, yet you single out Derrick. Carlino has made awful plays, Cohen with bad decisions, Steve Taylor MIA again.
??? Already twice said the seniors are having trouble and the energy level is low. DW just had 4 so obvious bad plays... Don't be so protective. Obviously the play of the seniors is rubbing off on the others. Steve is just having a rough rough time as he looks like he is chained to the floor.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-17-2015, 12:43 PM
we aren't getting any stops, then on offense we are rushing things... We look totally disoriented... This team is like bi polar, we go from looking real good, to all of a sudden completely lost.

Markedman
01-17-2015, 12:43 PM
10 turnovers in 2nd half..

CaribouJim
01-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Ugh!!!!!

Markedman
wow...Luke......

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
Damn that was close

Markedman
01-17-2015, 12:59 PM
Good enough to compete on the road but the 2nd half collapses continue.....turnovers and lack of help for Carlino

Markedman
01-17-2015, 01:01 PM
They weren't going to let Carlino tie it.....

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Coulda..shoulda....a tough loss. This team seems to run out of gas in the 2nd half on the road....fouls..short rotation...too much energy on D in 1st half. Still, it is the road. We move on. Wonder what the deal is with. JJJ?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Man, I hate watching the 2nd half of MU games, just brutal, seems like every game is just a bad replay.... Tough to watch this season

MUMac
01-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Tough back to back games for Juan. Need more than 4 points from him. Luke had a rough day and that miss at the end was a play he normally makes. Duane missed some wide open looks. He needs to start knocking those down. This team is fun to watch and frustrating to watch, all in the same half.

MUMac
01-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Coulda..shoulda....a tough loss. This team seems to run out of gas in the 2nd half on the road....fouls..short rotation...too much energy on D in 1st half. Still, it is the road. We move on. Wonder what the deal is with. JJJ?

I have no inside information, but it sure seemed like the staff was frustrated with his "body language" against Creighton. I hope I am wrong and it is an injury or illness and not attitude.

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 01:16 PM
They weren't going to let Carlino tie it.....
Needed to have an alternative there...Duane....Sandy...

CaribouJim
01-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Coach's decision per Matt V. on JJJ.

CaribouJim
01-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Needed to have an alternative there...Duane....Sandy...

Agreed. Run the offense and see who of those guys can get open.

Markedman
01-17-2015, 01:22 PM
Wojo let JJ have it in the post game...said based on how he practiced he didn't earn the right to play

CaribouJim
01-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Wojo let JJ have it in the post game...said based on how he practiced he didn't earn the right to play

I have a feeling that JJJ may not be with us next year.

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Wojo also said we should have won that game and he was disappointed. He is not into moral victories. JJ obviously did something more than having a bad practice or two.

MUfan12
01-17-2015, 01:27 PM

Was told early in the year that Duane was the only one that had "bought in" out of last year's recruits. Didn't want to post it then and start speculation. But, now that two are gone, and the other was benched, it's fair to say you might be right.

MUMac
01-17-2015, 01:28 PM
Wojo also said we should have won that game and he was disappointed. He is not into moral victories. JJ obviously did something more than having a bad practice or two.

As I said above, the staff was really on him during the Creighton game. I was not really surprised he did not play. Wojo will either get through to him or he will be a nonfactor going forward. Too bad, they could have used him today.

kneelb4zerg
01-17-2015, 01:32 PM
Carlino had 0 assists and 5 turnovers. His attempted entry passes in 2H were pathetic.

MUMac
01-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Carlino had 0 assists and 5 turnovers. His attempted entry passes in 2H were pathetic.

I really do not like the ball in Carlinp's hands. I do not care for his decision making and he is too loose with the ball at times. He also throws the ball at the hoop a lot when he drives. Misses poorly. I see him more of a spot up shooter, but this team has limitations and he needs to play all facets.

I agree, his entry passes are poor, though he did have a good one to Luke and could have had an assist, if Luke makes the bunny.

The team had 9 assists total today. Derrick had 6, everyone else combined for 3.

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 01:42 PM
I really do not like the ball in Carlinp's hands. I do not care for his decision making and he is too loose with the ball at times. He also throws the ball at the hoop a lot when he drives. Misses poorly. I see him more of a spot up shooter, but this team has limitations and he needs to play all facets.

I agree, his entry passes are poor, though he did have a good one to Luke and could have had an assist, if Luke makes the bunny.

The team had 9 assists total today. Derrick had 6, everyone else combined for 3.
Car3no taketh...Car3no giveth away. Unfortunately. But, the alternatives arenot there, especially with a DNP-CD......... What a roller coaster season!

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 02:07 PM
A huge play in this game was the phantom charge called on Luke by our favorite ref Jim Burr, who was hypnotized by that Oscar winning flop by Stainbrook. Game simply changed after that. Need to keep Luke and Juan out of foul trouble as Steve just seems to be chained to the floor. Can he help this team in a meaningful way given his obvious inability to jump or move in traffic now...?

TheSultan
01-17-2015, 02:11 PM
Didn't Burr also miss a goaltend? It looked like X took a ball of the rim at one point in the second half.

Markedman
01-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Didn't Burr also miss a goaltend? It looked like X took a ball of the rim at one point in the second half.

yep.....but to be fair he would have to look at the rim to see it..........can't expect an official to do that.....

Nukem2
01-17-2015, 02:14 PM

Yeah, I think Stainbrook tapped one away that was on the rim...was it on a Juan shot?

IrwinFletcher
01-17-2015, 03:33 PM

If you are talking about his feed to Luke for the game winner at the end, that was not a good feed. He was double teamed, jumped and threw it to Luke. Was almost stolen were it not for Luke's size.

Feeding the post is not one of MC's strengths.

MUMac
01-17-2015, 03:36 PM
If you are talking about his feed to Luke for the game winner at the end, that was not a good feed. He was double teamed, jumped and threw it to Luke. Was almost stolen were it not for Luke's size.

Feeding the post is not one of MC's strengths.

He jumped because X's C Stansbury (?) came up to help. That left Luke on the 4 and to make the pass, he had to get it by Stansbury. Luke also did not help with his positioning on that play. I have noticed that at times Luke is set up on the wrong side or is positioned backwards. The pass came from the top right and Luke's seal made the pass much more difficult than it should have been.

79warrior
01-17-2015, 04:57 PM

Then he leaves. So what. Either he buys in or he does not. Now I understand why Buzz barely played him. Wojo will get his type of player. If JJJ is not it, see Ya.

warriorfan4life
01-17-2015, 11:07 PM
Was told early in the year that Duane was the only one that had "bought in" out of last year's recruits. Didn't want to post it then and start speculation. But, now that two are gone, and the other was benched, it's fair to say you might be right.

Funny, cause that is the only one I see Wojo making any effort to recruit if he had a choice. Dawson is not talented enough for this level (and the free market led him to Liberty), and the other two do not have the basketball intelligence that most Duke players possess.

79warrior
01-18-2015, 01:16 AM
Funny, cause that is the only one I see Wojo making any effort to recruit if he had a choice. Dawson is not talented enough for this level (and the free market led him to Liberty), and the other two do not have the basketball intelligence that most Duke players possess.

Agreed. Although basketball expert ners feels all three are great and Wojo has screwed the pooch.

warriorfan4life
01-18-2015, 01:34 AM
Agreed. Although basketball expert ners feels all three are great and Wojo has screwed the pooch.

I think Burton and JJ can play in a freelance type style (Burton's choice of Iowa State was very wise). Thing is, you rarely see freelance teams playing deep in March. I would not be surprised if we played at a much faster tempo in future years, but this system will still be fairly structured and the team should be much more cohesive. Chucking contested threes outside the rhythm of the offense will no longer be commonplace.

There are a fair amount of basketball stupid people on Scoop, and Ners just takes the cake. I feel better about the select few people that criticize Wojo over there, as they all know very little basketball (and think they know it all).

MUAlphaBangura
01-18-2015, 07:36 AM
I think Burton and JJ can play in a freelance type style (Burton's choice of Iowa State was very wise). Thing is, you rarely see freelance teams playing deep in March. I would not be surprised if we played at a much faster tempo in future years, but this system will still be fairly structured and the team should be much more cohesive. Chucking contested threes outside the rhythm of the offense will no longer be commonplace.

There are a fair amount of basketball stupid people on Scoop, and Ners just takes the cake. I feel better about the select few people that criticize Wojo over there, as they all know very little basketball (and think they know it all).

Speaking of Iowa St., man does Jameel McKay look like a huge loss at this point. And I actually am starting to see his side of why he left. If he could have actually played last season anywhere close to how he is playing this season, Brent really effed up in even suggesting he redshirt. And I'm sure Jameel saw that he was head and shoulders better than Steve Taylor and probably freaked out a little bit instead of going out on the court and proving he was the better player deserving to be in the rotation. I know there were others he would have had to battle with for minutes, but it sure looks like he would have had court time last season. Good luck to him.

kneelb4zerg
01-18-2015, 07:49 AM
I am not going to lose sleep over any Buzz recruit that leaves or any Buzz recruit that left previously. I want Wojo to get his guys here and mold the team to his liking. Doubt that McKay would have been recruited by Wojo.

MUAlphaBangura
01-18-2015, 07:58 AM
I am not going to lose sleep over any Buzz recruit that leaves or any Buzz recruit that left previously. I want Wojo to get his guys here and mold the team to his liking. Doubt that McKay would have been recruited by Wojo.

Not losing any sleep at all, just pointing out that Jameel most certainly would have helped Wojo's cause this year.

TheSultan
01-18-2015, 07:58 AM
I don't care if he would have been recruited by Wojo or not. He would have had one year with the guy and IMO would have made a big difference. That being said, I don't think McKay regrets for one moment his transfer. For the price of sitting a year and missing nine games, he is playing a key role on a ranked team. Better than being a part of Marquette the last couple of years.

IrwinFletcher
01-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Then he leaves. So what. Either he buys in or he does not. Now I understand why Buzz barely played him. Wojo will get his type of player. If JJJ is not it, see Ya.

No. Please no.

He needs to stay and learn from this and get better. We cannot build a program with guys leaving every year. He made a mistake and he needs to man up and then work on his game. He has the chance to be the starting 2/3 guard on this team that is going to be very good and we need his talent and experience to help lead this team.

This program cannot afford more guys leaving just as they are about to realize their potential.

kneelb4zerg
01-18-2015, 07:57 PM
No. Please no.

He needs to stay and learn from this and get better. We cannot build a program with guys leaving every year. He made a mistake and he needs to man up and then work on his game. He has the chance to be the starting 2/3 guard on this team that is going to be very good and we need his talent and experience to help lead this team.

This program cannot afford more guys leaving just as they are about to realize their potential.

Of course the program can afford losing a guy who doesn't want to buy in to what Wojo wants to do. We have to rebuild the way Wojo wants. JJJ would never have been recruited by Wojo. If he doesn't buy in, so be it.

Nukem2
01-18-2015, 08:13 PM
Of course the program can afford losing a guy who doesn't want to buy in to what Wojo wants to do. We have to rebuild the way Wojo wants. JJJ would never have been recruited by Wojo. If he doesn't buy in, so be it.
OTOH, how small a roster will we continue to have. Really understand what you are saying, but reality strikes as well.

kneelb4zerg
01-18-2015, 08:15 PM
OTOH, how small a roster will we continue to have. Really understand what you are saying, but reality strikes as well.

We can add players. Players that Wojo picks.

And Johnson isn't on the verge of becoming anything. He's been one of our worst players despite extended opportunities to establish himself.

Nukem2
01-18-2015, 08:24 PM
We can add players. Players that Wojo picks.

And Johnson isn't on the verge of becoming anything. He's been one of our worst players despite extended opportunities to establish himself.
Problem is that the pickings are slim now going into April. Pushes MU another season out. JJ ha actually done a lot of good stuff recently other than a couple plays against Creighton. And, it's not like the other 7 have been remotely close to perfect.

kneelb4zerg
01-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Problem is that the pickings are slim now going into April. Pushes MU another season out. JJ ha actually done a lot of good stuff recently other than a couple plays against Creighton. And, it's not like the other 7 have been remotely close to perfect.

Whether for next year or the year after. I don't know what we are arguing about. Maybe you are just ornery after Packers collapse..?

TheSultan
01-18-2015, 08:36 PM
I think everyone wants JJJ to learn from this, grow as a basketball player, and finish his career at Marquette. I also think everyone agrees that if he doesn't, and continues to half-ass it in practice, that he should be playing elsewhere.

MUfan12
01-18-2015, 08:38 PM
JJJ hasn't done nearly enough to make me think a transfer would push MU "another season out."

The guy has shown flashes, but ultimately lost the trust of two coaches in two years. If he figures it out, great. If not, let him be Middle Tennessee State's problem.

kneelb4zerg
01-18-2015, 08:43 PM
JJJ hasn't done nearly enough to make me think a transfer would push MU "another season out."

The guy has shown flashes, but ultimately lost the trust of two coaches in two years. If he figures it out, great. If not, let him be Middle Tennessee State's problem.

Yep.

MUBasketball
01-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Aren't we jumping the gun a bit on Jajuan? He was just held out of one game due to practice habits/attitude. I assume Saturday was a big wake up call for him. I gotta believe the message was received. If he doesn't play against St. John's, then I'll be worried.

warriorfan4life
01-18-2015, 09:14 PM
I will worry about too many players leaving when Wojo has all of his own guys (and the Levin deal was just plain odd, and not much on Wojo). Johnson has raw talent, but has an issue with fitting into a team dynamic.

For next year, Henry gets most of the attention (and rightfully so, as he is likely a stud from day one), but I really what Cheatham and Heldt can accomplish in the program. I think both guys could be rotation players next year. Also, I am a big fan of Nick Noskowiak's game and hope that everything can be squared away in his life and he meets his potential on the basketball court.