MU/Panther
01-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Butler at Seton Hall, 6pm
FS1:Tim Brando & Jim Spanarkel

Georgetown-DePaul, 8PM
FS1: Eric Collins & Stephen Bardo

warriorfan4life
01-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Huge win for Butler, a team that already boasted a strong profile and now adds another excellent win away from home. Barring a really tough run down the stretch, they should be in the NCAA's with road and neutral wins over UNC, Georgetown, St. John's, and Seton Hall (all teams currently in my bracket).

Hall played pretty well without Whitehead, but they need another attacking threat and someone besides Gibbs and Carrington that creates their own shot. Sina and Mobley gave them nothing tonight, and have to be better for Hall to remain a ranked team (they will probably fall out this week now). They still look like a solid NCAA team, and actually boosted their resume without Whitehead (that Nova win is massive). Also, Mobley is the only major contributor that's a senior (and frankly I like Desi Rodriguez better), and they could be dangerously good a year from now as long as Whitehead does not leave.

All in all, that was a great game and yet another sign that the Big East is back to being the Big Beast. Anyone discrediting the league clearly has an axe to grind (and there are two fairly easy subsets of people that get their shots in and it's not hard to figure out either common group).

MayorBeluga
01-13-2015, 08:56 PM
Mike Stephens & Wally Rutecki at DePaul Tues night. Gotta think one or both head north on I94 for Wednesday. Crap

MayorBeluga
01-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Correction - not Rutecki. Stupid low def tv in the bar

warriorfan4life
01-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Correction - not Rutecki. Stupid low def tv in the bar

Rutecki was in Newark for the Hall-Butler game.

Goose85
01-14-2015, 09:01 AM
I know this has been discussed, but as the season goes on the RPI becomes more meaningful.
There are now 4 Big East teams in the top 20 RPI.
5. Vill
13. Prov
16. Butler
19. Seton Hall

MU is ranked 96 (according to ESPN's RPI calculation). Now 8 of 10 teams in Big East are top 100.

We all know about the 5 big conferences, but right now RPI rankings indicate that 9 of the top 20 are from non Big 5 conferences.

MUBasketball
01-14-2015, 10:44 AM
Butler has been crazy impressive this year. They have gotten pretty decent contributions from a few freshmen, but given how they played last year vs. this year it's a complete 180. Having Jones back is a huge boost as well but Holtmann is doing a hell of a job so far.