PDA

View Full Version : OT: Karl Hess

AlexJesswein
01-09-2015, 12:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12141973/referee-karl-hess-no-longer-work-acc-games

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-09-2015, 12:52 PM
What an idiot. Though I'd be curious to know what Shah said beforehand, something tells me it wasn't completely unprovoked. Hope the Big East follows suit.

MU/Panther
01-09-2015, 12:54 PM
So what did he say that was bad.

MUBasketball
01-09-2015, 01:00 PM
He goofs around a lot? Yeah, King Karl (who is quite liberal with his ejection finger) has a real great sense of humor!

IWB
01-09-2015, 01:20 PM
So what did he say that was bad.

he was being ridden by Atlanta hotel magnate Mit Shah, the former chairman of the Wake Forest BoT when he responded, "When I get older and retire I want to sit in that seat and watch your Egyptian ass ref a game."

WindyCityGoldenEagle
01-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Dangerous for me to comment on without knowing the exact context and whether or not they're close, but if they have a relationship and he was just busting Shah's chops it appears like a politically correct overreaction by the media. My friends and I say stuff like that to each other all the time.

MUBasketball
01-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Dangerous for me to comment on without knowing the exact context and whether or not they're close, but if they have a relationship and he was just busting Shah's chops it appears like a politically correct overreaction by the media. My friends and I say stuff like that to each other all the time.

I agree, but I guess this guy complained about it so they must not be too close.

MUMac
01-09-2015, 03:18 PM
It is hard for me to be unbiased as I think Hess is one of the biggest turds in college officiating. And I do not mean to be unkind to turds with that comment.

MU/Panther
01-09-2015, 03:41 PM
he was being ridden by Atlanta hotel magnate Mit Shah, the former chairman of the Wake Forest BoT when he responded, "When I get older and retire I want to sit in that seat and watch your Egyptian ass ref a game."Ya, as I said not a big deal in what Hess said, but he needs to be bigger than that. Got to say, most of us might say something "bad or wrong" when provoked.

TallTitan34
01-09-2015, 03:56 PM
I am not a fan of Karl Hess, but I don't think its bad enough to warrant being banned from a league. He definitely shouldn't have said it but come on. He didn't use a slur. He called a guy a race that he is. Suspension probably but banning? No way.

MulliganMusings
01-09-2015, 04:07 PM
I am not a fan of Karl Hess, but I don't think its bad enough to warrant being banned from a league. He definitely shouldn't have said it but come on. He didn't use a slur. He called a guy a race that he is. Suspension probably but banning? No way.

Actually Mit, (full disclosure I've done business with his company as my last employer built two hotels for Noble) is of Indian descent (as the article points out). Very well respected Atlanta business man whose company owns a substantial number of hotels across the country (mostly Marriott and Hyatt flags).

mufan2003
01-10-2015, 03:18 AM
The referee should not have said what he said....but I will lose no sleep over any prominent man who thinks he has to tweet a perceived injustice....."Martin Luther King must be rolling over in his grave (Charles Barkley)."

mutpm
01-10-2015, 06:20 AM
If Hess had not said Egyptian, what would the punishment have been? Hess used extremely poor judgement by adding that 1 word. Had he not, I'm guessing he would still be a ref in the ACC.

MayorBeluga
01-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Well the worst thing you can do to someone today is make them feel bad. Not defending that egomaniac, awful ref Hess, but...

TedBaxter
01-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Teddy Valentine in full display today in the OSU-Indiana game.