PDA

View Full Version : More Owners to Be Added to Bucks

Goose85
01-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Looks like the Bucks will be announcing two or three more local owners to the Bucks ownership team.

These guys are really getting the Milwaukee business community on board. While I don't expect to see a Marquette interest in the team, I think there may be some contribution to the new stadium.

I hope they get this done and Milwaukee has the vision to do this right and set up the downtown development for decades to come.
I also look forward to seeing what Marquette's role is and hopefully how the new facility helps Wojo and MU teams of the future.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2015/01/06/bucks-will-announce-more-local-owners-feigin.html

KMWTRUCKS
01-07-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm only a bucks fan because it effects MU, But I will say that these 2 owners are being very smart about owning the bucks. Everything they seem to be doing is tying the bucks more and more to the community. I think downtown MKE could really be in for a upgrade.

What do bucks seats run lower level and upper level?

Bulls, lowers are $200-$100, clubs are $100 and Uppers are $30-$60. face

IWB
01-07-2015, 02:15 PM
ADDITIONAL MILWAUKEE LEADERS JOIN BUCKS OWNERSHIP TEAM

Jeffrey Joerres, Agustin and Austin Ramirez, and Brewers minority owners Marc and Adam Stern join local ownership team

Markedman
01-12-2015, 02:16 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/bucks-owners-build-power-base-by-getting-business-people-in-game-b99422910z1-288253311.html

Goose85
01-12-2015, 02:24 PM
These new owners have done a great job adding what appears to be people of influence in the area to their ownership team (looks to be influence with both political parties).
That along with the previous ownership addition of a big time NY real estate developer, and it looks like they have plans far beyond just a new arena.

Milwaukee has a unique opportunity to do something special in the city with these billionaire owners, and their willing influx of capital. This is not a local owner that just wants a new building to play in, these new owners want to make the Bucks a winner, but they also want to make some money here in Milwaukee beyond the Bucks, and that is a great opportunity for Milwaukee.

This will be huge for MU too!

KMWTRUCKS
01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
The comments on the JS article are not very Pro stadium. Lets call the stadium 450-100 herb-180 new owners-50 naming rights and other Corp Advertising, MU -20 mil. Right now that only leaves $100 mil. So if the City and state need to come up with $100 million that seems more then fair. having the bucks, all the Player's, staff, owners ETC leave how much would the state and city lose in Tax revenue? $10 million a year?

IWB
01-12-2015, 02:53 PM
I think they said the players alone are $10.7 mil per year in taxes. Not to mention $1/2 mil per year in parking.
How is this not a good idea?

Goose85
01-12-2015, 03:08 PM
I think they said the players alone are $10.7 mil per year in taxes. Not to mention $1/2 mil per year in parking.
How is this not a good idea?

The Bucks current salary contributes $10.7 million to the state coffers. The expectation is this amount of state tax income will increase with new TV deal (high salary cap), and with the additional number of employees the new owners have hired.

The idea that most politicians can get together on is a type of jock tax to pay off the $150 million in bonds.
If the Bucks leave, the state loses all of that revenue.
If the Bucks stay, the current level of state income taxes paid by the NBA to Wisconsin would be diverted for 10 - 15 years, instead paying off the bond.
After paid off, the state would likely see an increase in income taxes paid by NBA (team and personnel).