PDA

View Full Version : Gut Feeling 2

Phantom Warrior
01-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Feeling kind of queasy in the old gut. It's telling me we're looking at a 12-16 point loss.

If I'm JT-3, what do I set as priority #1 in this game? Get the ball inside to Smith and get Luke in foul trouble. That leaves Taylor to try to defend the man-mountain. Not a pretty sight.

Rivera-Smith has shot well in some games, horribly in others. My gut tells me is going to hit from all over against MU.

Meanwhile, I see Trawick making life tough for Juan. He is a very good, physical defender, as is Hopkins.

Our only hope, I think, is if we hit around 40% of our treys, but I just don't see that happening.

The guys will give good effort, but it won't be enough. We've had a few ugly losses to GTown over the years (along with some nice wins), but this is going to be one of those games we will want to forget.

Time for some Pepto Dismal.

DCwarrior
01-06-2015, 07:56 AM
For whatever reason, MU has played G'Town well over the years. However, I don't think this game will end well for MU. I see Smith being a beast down low and I see their pressure defense causing havok with our backcourt (who do not protect the ball well against bad defenses). I think MU has to play zone defense throughout this game to have any chance.

Goose85
01-06-2015, 08:41 AM
Well, with Phantom saying it is time for some Pepto, does that mean good things for MU?

Our young guys better get ready for some form of the old Princeton offense with better athletes. Young guys who are not overly skilled defensively tend to have problems with Georgetown. We need Fischer and Juan to stay out of foul trouble to have a chance in this one.

Home teams haven't lost yet in the Big East - is tonight the night?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Home teams haven't lost yet in the Big East - is tonight the night?

St. John's lost at home to Butler the other night.

Goose85
01-06-2015, 09:10 AM
I need to play closer attention. So the seal has been broken, hopefully MU follows suit.

MUwarrior1090
01-06-2015, 11:27 AM
I think we need very good Carlino to show up to have a shot in this one.

DCwarrior
01-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Crowd noise won't be a problem tonight. The DC area received 3 inches of snow this morning, which basically paralyzes this area. Outside of Northern expats, nobody in this region has a clue how to drive in snow/sleet and the cities/counties have limited snow removal equipment. Expect a very small crowd tonight and probably very few students. It's in the low 20's here which is considered "frigid" in these parts.

MUMac
01-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Crowd noise won't be a problem tonight. The DC area received 3 inches of snow this morning, which basically paralyzes this area. Outside of Northern expats, nobody in this region has a clue how to drive in snow/sleet and the cities/counties have limited snow removal equipment. Expect a very small crowd tonight and probably very few students. It's in the low 20's here which is considered "frigid" in these parts.

They might be shut in for a few days with that amount of snow! I lived in Baltimore for a few years and chuckled at this. I lived there when the Redskins, oops, Washington Football Team played the Superbowl in Minneapolis. A columnist in The Baltimore Sun asked if the City of Minneapolis and its grocers were prepared for the Redskin fans rushing to the store to buy bread, milk and eggs if they heard there will be an inch of snow in the morning.