PDA

View Full Version : The Leathernecks of Western Illinois beat Omaha yesterday...

CaribouJim
01-05-2015, 01:30 PM
...80 - 78 at home in front of 654 fans. Omaha drops to 7 - 7.

Ouch!!

MU/Panther
01-05-2015, 03:33 PM
There are many schools that draw those numbers. Never take Marquette attendance for granted.

CaribouJim
01-05-2015, 03:38 PM
There are many schools that draw those numbers. Never take Marquette attendance for granted.

The "ouch" was more targeted towards W.I. beating Omaha. That said, I think I had more people watch my games on the JV team in high school and we sucked.

TheSultan
01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Western Illinois holds the sad distinction of being the only founding member of the Summit League who is still in that conference. Since 1982.

MUBasketball
01-05-2015, 04:02 PM
There were an awful lot of empty seats @ Wake Forest last night for their game with #5 Louisville.

As mupanther said, MU has really good attendance overall.

MUAlphaBangura
01-05-2015, 05:17 PM

I won't even go there!!!!:cool:

MU/Panther
01-05-2015, 06:22 PM
There were an awful lot of empty seats @ Wake Forest last night for their game with #5 Louisville.

As mupanther said, MU has really good attendance overall.
Wake Forest hasn't got good attendance numbers in years. They don't even sell-out when Duke and UNC come to town. Many major schools in the box score is listed between 5,000 to 8,000. MU's paid crowd was over 15,000 versus Providence.

TedBaxter
01-06-2015, 01:06 PM
http://www.goleathernecks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=439&path=mbball

The Leathernecks coach is Dominic James (Wright) uncle and Wright coached with MU assistant Brett Nelson at Ball State last year.

IWB
01-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Empty seats - Was watching the Va Tech vs Syracuse replay. I know Buzz is used to empty seats (MU buy games).... but here they are playing Syracuse, and the front rows behind the Va Tech bench are empty. empty seats everywhere. If a new coach can't excite you, and playing Syracuse can't excite you, then you will permanently be a losing program.

Goose85
01-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Empty seats - Was watching the Va Tech vs Syracuse replay. I know Buzz is used to empty seats (MU buy games).... but here they are playing Syracuse, and the front rows behind the Va Tech bench are empty. empty seats everywhere. If a new coach can't excite you, and playing Syracuse can't excite you, then you will permanently be a losing program.

According to ESPN (I did a quick check of some games) it looks like that was the most attended game of the year at 6,800. Had a few of less than 3,000.
Last year Va Tech averaged 6,200. Stadium holds 10,000

The grass may not always be greener, and Buzz has a really tough stretch coming up with 4 of next five games against ranked teams.
Ouch, I do hope he makes it through the season with his health.

MUMac
01-06-2015, 03:47 PM
According to ESPN (I did a quick check of some games) it looks like that was the most attended game of the year at 6,800. Had a few of less than 3,000.
Last year Va Tech averaged 6,200. Stadium holds 10,000

The grass may not always be greener, and Buzz has a really tough stretch coming up with 4 of next five games against ranked teams.
Ouch, I do hope he makes it through the season with his health.

I have no real knowledge, but it would not surprise me if he left after this year.