PDA

View Full Version : Big east

Gato78
01-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Watching Louisville at Wake. Many Louisville fans there. I had a thought: Our conference is pleather free and there is no school you could say is a couch burning school. #BIGEASTexcellence

MayorBeluga
01-04-2015, 09:21 PM
It will be kind of fun to watch the interplay between the Carolina whine and cheese crowd and the Duke entitlement crowd of the ACC with the Cuse white trash crowd and the Louisville pleather jacket crowd going forward. It might be worth road tripping to an ACC tourney just for that.

Gato78
01-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Never. They all want to play their tournaments at MSG so....not worth it when you can go to MSG.

It might be worth road tripping to an ACC tourney just for that.

ge1974
01-04-2015, 10:47 PM
I went to the Notre Dame-Louisville football game in South Bend last November. There must have been 30,000 Cardinal fans there. A white trash convention. When my nephew asked me why they cheer, "C-A-R-D-S, Cards!" I explained to him that "Cardinals" is too hard a word for them to spell.

Also, do you know why law enforcement has such a hard time solving crimes in Kentucky? Because everyone who lives down there has the same DNA.

ValiantSailor
01-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Watching Louisville at Wake. Many Louisville fans there. I had a thought: Our conference is pleather free and there is no school you could say is a couch burning school. #BIGEASTexcellence

Can't say that about the Big 10, since they added UMD. Those guys are dedicated couchaholics...can't celebrate a victory without a couch!

VS

BLT
01-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Creighton isn't a little pleathery?

Gato78
01-05-2015, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't call them pleathery but they were really full of themselves at the BIG EAST tournament last year. It was good to see them get knocked off. They did not seem to fit in--not much give and take with the fan base. Not really finding their way to the bars at MSG between games. In fact, it seemed like they just showed up for their own games and left. I cannot see a Creighton fan on the winning side of a fist fight at MSG as was often the case with some of the old BIG EAST schools. Creighton fans felt they were entitled was my take. They would have been afraid of Syracuse fans if around in those days.

Creighton isn't a little pleathery?

MayorBeluga
01-05-2015, 06:41 PM
They would have been afraid of Syracuse fans if around in those days.

Without a doubt. Always bet on the white trash when fighting the small town Midwesterner in the big city for the first time.

IWB
01-05-2015, 07:35 PM

I do not remember who said it, but one of my favorite lines ever was a Friday night preview of Saturday football games about 4-5 years ago (was it on ESPN?) and they were talking about the West Virginia vs???? Game...

"Temperatures are dropping and freezing rain is expected overnight in Morgantown."

"Better cover the couches."

BLT
01-13-2015, 06:18 AM
Can't say that about the Big 10, since they added UMD. Those guys are dedicated couchaholics...can't celebrate a victory without a couch!

VS

On cue, the B1G fans of tOSU light up their Steinhafels.

police dispatcher told NBC News officers were called to multiple reports of dumpster and couch fires in the streets around the Ohio State University campus

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/riot-cops-use-tear-gas-columbus-crowds-after-ohio-state-n284976

Markedman
01-16-2015, 11:28 AM
Speaking of the Big East......based on current RPI ratings....12 of our last 14 games will be against top 50 RPI teams.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-16-2015, 04:53 PM
If we could muster 10-8 this year, we'd have a really good case for a NCAA bid. Especially with our non-conference schedule and record since Luke was eligible. It's an uphill climb, but steal one or two on the road (Creighton and one other) and it's doable. Losing at DePaul could end up being devastating come March if we can hold our own on home court.

warriorfan4life
01-16-2015, 10:35 PM
If we could muster 10-8 this year, we'd have a really good case for a NCAA bid. Especially with our non-conference schedule and record since Luke was eligible. It's an uphill climb, but steal one or two on the road (Creighton and one other) and it's doable. Losing at DePaul could end up being devastating come March if we can hold our own on home court.

Palm had Tennessee in his bracket today. Frankly, I think that is ludicrous despite their wins over Butler and Arkansas. Besides the fact that they are 96th in the Pomeroys, they looked nothing like an NCAA team against Marquette in Orlando (and that was when we were still the 6-7 and under all-stars). I realize that the current NCAA selection committee criteria is essentially a formula with good wins and a heavy reliance on the RPI numbers, but at some point basketball common sense has to come into play. And to be perfectly objective, nothing that Marquette has done this year has resembled an NCAA Tournament type team.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-16-2015, 10:42 PM
With the move to 68 teams, the bubble will always be soft. We have a couple bad losses, but if you add 6 top 100 wins to our current resume, it will easily be enough to make the cut.