PDA

View Full Version : OT: Be safe out there

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-22-2014, 09:14 AM
I just wanted to let people know that the city is on alert in the wake of the Red Arrow Park shooting verdict. Officer Christopher Manney will not be charged. The city is quiet so far, but there is some worry that things could get out of hand. Anyone going to the game tonight, bear in mind that protesters did try to get inside the BC during a Bucks game a couple weeks ago.

The city has asked for volunteers from public safety employees in case extra staffing is required. Protesters have been peaceful so far, hopefully it stays that way today. If you are going out tonight, keep an eye on the news and make sure you are safe.

Also...really don't want to turn this into any political debate, but want people going to the game to be aware of what's going on, especially those that may not have been following this story in the news.

Nukem2
12-22-2014, 09:17 AM
I just wanted to let people know that the city is on alert in the wake of the Red Arrow Park shooting verdict. Officer Christopher Manney will not be charged. The city is quiet so far, but there is some worry that things could get out of hand. Anyone going to the game tonight, bear in mind that protesters did try to get inside the BC during a Bucks game a couple weeks ago.

The city has asked for volunteers from public safety employees in case extra staffing is required. Protesters have been peaceful so far, hopefully it stays that way today. If you are going out tonight, keep an eye on the news and make sure you are safe.

Also...really don't want to turn this into any political debate, but want people going to the game to be aware of what's going on, especially those that may not have been following this story in the news.The BC is also just a couple blocks from MPD headquarters as well as several blocks from Red Arrow Park. . So, conditions could possibly get out of hand.

Mucrisco
12-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Where are people going to park?

dw3dw3dw3
12-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Bradley center is sort of in the middle, but if you are worried about anything tonight and still plan on coming, I'd park/enter on the North side of the BC. The Hamilton's have been consistent in their want for peaceful (but disrupt-full) protests, so that gives me some hope. Obviously you never know what will happen when emotion comes into play, but I am hopeful there won't be any violence tonight.

MUUWUWM
12-22-2014, 02:06 PM
Its started to rain so that may help.

Park at Miss Katie's diner. Its free with no obligation to purchase.

Gato78
12-22-2014, 10:49 PM
No problems at game whatsoever.

MU/Panther
12-23-2014, 08:43 AM
The crowd was much bigger than the NJIT game. Parking was a snap it was a ghost by 4th and Michigan, were many people park for games.

12-23-2014, 09:08 AM
The weather last night was great. Just wet enough to keep people off the streets, but comfortable enough that you could walk to and from the game as long as you had a hat on. Upper deck was a ghost town, but the lower was pretty solid, outside the student section for obvious reasons.

MU/Panther
12-23-2014, 09:24 AM
The weather last night was great. Just wet enough to keep people off the streets, but comfortable enough that you could walk to and from the game as long as you had a hat on. Upper deck was a ghost town, but the lower was pretty solid, outside the student section for obvious reasons. Well stated. The west side center court section of the upper deck had it's fair amount of people. I'm one of those ghost in 442. :p

Nukem2
12-23-2014, 09:39 AM
In the end, the early announcement helped along with the rain as well as Christmas being this week which probably kept some of the out-of-towners away. Glad for all that everything was peaceful and quiet.

12-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Well stated. The west side center court section of the upper deck had it's fair amount of people. I'm one of those ghost in 442. :p

403 ghost over here myself ;)

pbiflyer
12-23-2014, 09:43 AM
In the end, the early announcement helped along with the rain as well as Christmas being this week which probably kept some of the out-of-towners away. Glad for all that everything was peaceful and quiet.

It is Milwaukee after all. Now, if you would just get rid of winter, I would move back in a heartbeat....:D

beerhere6
12-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Its started to rain so that may help.

Park at Miss Katie's diner. Its free with no obligation to purchase.

This is nice. I know MKD always appreciates the type who refuses to purchase so much as a soda or cocktail, but are the 1st ones on and off the shuttle. SMH

MU/Panther
12-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Good thing Marquette is not the Bucks, as protesters blocked Bucks fans from getting into the Bradley Center last night.