PDA

View Full Version : Games at The Al

Nukem2
12-20-2014, 09:46 AM
It was a nice experience at The Al last night and we had some interesting seats sitting in the first row behind the North basket. Seats start about 8 feet above the floor so we were looking into the eyes of the players and got some real close up action. Though, those bleacher seats were hard on our old rumps...:eek:

To the point, though. Don't think there should be any future games scheduled there. Obviously, it does not make sense from a financial standpoint and no decent teams are going to play there. Also, don't have the jumbotron effects, etc.

Now, if MU were to play in one of the post season events like the NIT et al, The Al might be a very nice alternative as it would have a better game atmosphere than a mostly empty BC.

MU/Panther
12-20-2014, 09:57 AM
The bleachers in the lower bowl were god awfull. Total waste of $42. No leg and no room. I was hoping for chairback seats in the lower as I have sat many times for volleyball. Oddly enough we move to the upper area in the corner to get more room and there is more room between rows. My knees were not going in someones back.

Nukem2
12-20-2014, 10:13 AM
The bleachers in the lower bowl were god awfull. Total waste of $42. No leg and no room. I was hoping for chairback seats in the lower as I have sat many times for volleyball. Oddly enough we move to the upper area in the corner to get more room and there is more room between rows. My knees were not going in someones back.
We were in the first row, so we had more than ample leg room....:D But its awfully hard on the back.

MU/Panther
12-20-2014, 10:44 AM
We were in the first row, so we had more than ample leg room....:D But its awfully hard on the back.
After I read were you were setting, i was trying to spot who you might be on the DVR. :o

Gato78
12-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Enough complaining (here and the other boards). For Alabama A&M, it was just fine. I really enjoyed the atmosphere as a change of pace. I enjoyed a packed Real Chili before the game and being part of the campus for one game and one game only. So it wasn't packed and not the most comfortable. So what? Better than a high school gym. It was fun and we played very well. Too many "get off of my yard" comments here. Is everyone Murf's age for chrissakes?

MU/Panther
12-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Enough complaining (here and the other boards). For Alabama A&M, it was just fine. I really enjoyed the atmosphere as a change of pace. I enjoyed a packed Real Chili before the game and being part of the campus for one game and one game only. So it wasn't packed and not the most comfortable. So what? Better than a high school gym. It was fun and we played very well. Too many "get off of my yard" comments here. Is everyone Murf's age for chrissakes?

I saw where you sat you had a chairback. I sit in the chairbacks, 5 plus times a year for volleyball. Let me tell you it's a world a difference. The blue bleachers were awful! Plus, a guy was in our seats before the game. My wife and I had seat 3 and 4. He was claiming his fat son had seat 4. He showed me his ticket stub and his seat said seat 5. I showed him my ticket FOUR times that I had seat 4. Then he gets mad at me. wtf. His son finally comes and he asked, what seat number do you have, he son said, seat 6. My wife and I never got an I'm sorry. It put a terrible mood for myself and my wife. We moved with 11 minutes left in the first half.

Nukem2
12-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Guess thats what I posted in the first place. Just have a sore back from those blue bleachers. ;)

Nukem2
12-20-2014, 01:28 PM
As a side note as to the game itself. From our vantage point, it was easy to hear what was happening defensively in the first half. Tons of chatter in the zone, but very quiet in the man defense.

Djgoldnboy
12-20-2014, 02:05 PM
I liked it, you guys sound like a bunch of old ladies. Good angles, could her the guys yelling, prepartying on campus (Soblemans) and then spilling onto campus after.....great game day experience. Why not do it every year for these cupcake games where the students are out on break? Wish the crowd was a little more into it, but overall thought it was a really good time. We do get spoiled with being able to drink at the BC though....I was dying for a beer at halftime.