PDA

View Full Version : Juan with the "chains off" quote

Gato78
12-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Reminiscent of Wesley's post Crean statement, Juan made a huge statement in today's JS:"I don't mean this in the wrong way, but it's easy to be confident when you know you're going to play and you're going to be able to play through mistakes. Obviously we only have eight players. I like the fact that Wojo trusts me enough to let me play through mistakes. It's easy to build confidence and not clam up and go in the shell when you make mistakes." Take that Brent!!!

IrwinFletcher
12-20-2014, 09:23 AM
I would like Cohen to be given a little more leeway too, especially with a short bench, over the next few weeks against weaker opponents. If he can work through some things right now to the point where he can give us 5-10 productive minutes in February and March, it could prove to be invaluable. But he needs confidence to do that.

Nukem2
12-20-2014, 09:37 AM
I would like Cohen to be given a little more leeway too, especially with a short bench, over the next few weeks against weaker opponents. If he can work through some things right now to the point where he can give us 5-10 productive minutes in February and March, it could prove to be invaluable. But he needs confidence to do that.
Sandy had a lot of leeway last night and looked good on offense. But he had 5 fouls in his 21 minutes and had some defensive lapses.

Markedman
12-20-2014, 02:55 PM
It will be interesting to see if Wojo's leash is as long when he has a full roster to choose from.

Juan is a senior now...we have no alternatives so he has to play.....I know what he is is saying....bench is a great teacher but guys have to be able to settle in......tough decision for coaches unless you have studs who are so good you have no choice but to let them go...